1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspended by Google Adsense

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Bram, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Its that time of the year again. Google has banned our adsense account which leaves RaceDepartment basically without any income apart from our generous donators/premium members and sponsor.

One of the F1 2012 mods is probably classed by a Googlebot as a Formula 1 copyright violation which has now caused our ads to be disabled until a successful appeal has been made.

I have filed an appeal of course but solving this might take days/weeks and we are not in the position to loose out of income this long. Especially with double server costs this month because of the server migration that has just been finalized this can't happen at a worse possible time that now.

In the worst case scenario, God forbid, they won't re-able our account, which means that also the income of the previous month of November will not be paid.

Horrible way to end the week and a big risk for the future of RaceDepartment.com if they decide not to re-enable our account.

If you can spare a few coins to avoid us going offline at the end of the month do please help us out by purchasing a premium membership package here.

2. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

Damn,bad news for everyone....i hope it will not turn in to a disaster :sick:

3. Bram

Bram

Its the third time in two years this happens and in previous cases we made a successful appeal as their claim wasn't right at all (most likely executed by a bot browsing forums).

But i hope that they don't use the three strikes is out principle as in that case we are really into big problems.

Now working on a temporary backup solution to minimize the damage.

4. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

Sad to here, especially for existing Premium members as a can find a way to make an extra donation.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Bram

Bram

You don't need to Peter as you have done MORE than we can ask for already. :thumbsup:

Its a community effort and with 3.5 million page views a month you'd reckon that we are not the only visitors around here :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

I'm going to renew my membership when it runs out on the 28th, hopefully that is not too late.

7. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

I like been here!!!!:cry:

8. Melphiz

Melphiz
    [TruckSim-Map Team]

What a bad joke, for god damn's sake. It's not like this mod exists since ... when? Google bots, jesus christ. Hopefully we can get back running adsense AND reopening the mod. And let's hope, there won't be even more of those bollocks copyright violation claims. It could ruin the forum in two ways.

Google bots are even worse than a chinese antivirus program giving false alerts.

9. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

First I thought this was a random "damn you youtube and new rules - thread".

But ye, there are more things like Google Adsense out there?

10. Bram

Bram

Got an answer to our appeal and I can't believe what I am reading:

<snippet>
    "We received your appeal request but we noticed that the URL submitted in the form leads to a page that doesn't have any AdSense ad code on it."

[​IMG]

So basically they expect that suspended sites leave the ad codes on the pages so all it does is showing empty white blocks with nothing in it. Yeah thats userfriendly indeed :(

Re-submitting!

11. Chris Hempsall

Chris Hempsall

http://www.chitika.com/publishers/apply

This is, in my opinion, the best alternative......

Why anyone would want to do business with Google anyway is beyond me...I know they're the biggest but they are far from the best, unless it's at search engines.

Will renew membership on Tuesday :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Chitika is great for US and Canada, but in other countries there are very few advertisers so the payout and clicks are a lot lower than with AdSense (at least that's my experience so far)

• Beer Beer x 1
  13. Bram

Bram

Mine as well Dennis,

14. Been meaning to go Premium for years, finally got round to after seeing this yesterday.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Do I have to be a licensed member to become premium?

16. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

No, you can just stay with your nick; just like Eyghon-RD above your post:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bram

Bram

Good news, appeal was successful and our account is reinstated. Lets hope this doesn't happen again in the future.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Great news Bram :thumbsup:

19. Here's your Christmas present from me, went premium. :D

Btw, what mod did they flag as copyrighted?

20. Nice to hear :), i upgraded as well as Thank You for all the great simracing years i had here at RD :thumbsup:.