Suspended by Google Adsense

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Its that time of the year again. Google has banned our adsense account which leaves RaceDepartment basically without any income apart from our generous donators/premium members and sponsor.

One of the F1 2012 mods is probably classed by a Googlebot as a Formula 1 copyright violation which has now caused our ads to be disabled until a successful appeal has been made.

I have filed an appeal of course but solving this might take days/weeks and we are not in the position to loose out of income this long. Especially with double server costs this month because of the server migration that has just been finalized this can't happen at a worse possible time that now.

In the worst case scenario, God forbid, they won't re-able our account, which means that also the income of the previous month of November will not be paid.

Horrible way to end the week and a big risk for the future of RaceDepartment.com if they decide not to re-enable our account.

If you can spare a few coins to avoid us going offline at the end of the month do please help us out by purchasing a premium membership package here.

Its the third time in two years this happens and in previous cases we made a successful appeal as their claim wasn't right at all (most likely executed by a bot browsing forums).

But i hope that they don't use the three strikes is out principle as in that case we are really into big problems.

Now working on a temporary backup solution to minimize the damage.

You don't need to Peter as you have done MORE than we can ask for already. :thumbsup:

Its a community effort and with 3.5 million page views a month you'd reckon that we are not the only visitors around here :D

What a bad joke, for god damn's sake. It's not like this mod exists since ... when? Google bots, jesus christ. Hopefully we can get back running adsense AND reopening the mod. And let's hope, there won't be even more of those bollocks copyright violation claims. It could ruin the forum in two ways.

Google bots are even worse than a chinese antivirus program giving false alerts.

Got an answer to our appeal and I can't believe what I am reading:

<snippet>
"We received your appeal request but we noticed that the URL submitted in the form leads to a page that doesn't have any AdSense ad code on it."

Facepalm_facepalm.png

So basically they expect that suspended sites leave the ad codes on the pages so all it does is showing empty white blocks with nothing in it. Yeah thats userfriendly indeed :(

Re-submitting!

Its that time of the year again. Google has banned our adsense account which leaves RaceDepartment basically without any income apart from our generous donators/premium members and sponsor.

One of the F1 2012 mods is probably classed by a Googlebot as a Formula 1 copyright violation which has now caused our ads to be disabled until a successful appeal has been made.

I have filed an appeal of course but solving this might take days/weeks and we are not in the position to loose out of income this long. Especially with double server costs this month because of the server migration that has just been finalized this can't happen at a worse possible time that now.

In the worst case scenario, God forbid, they won't re-able our account, which means that also the income of the previous month of November will not be paid.

Horrible way to end the week and a big risk for the future of RaceDepartment.com if they decide not to re-enable our account.

If you can spare a few coins to avoid us going offline at the end of the month do please help us out by purchasing a premium membership package here.

http://www.chitika.com/publishers/apply

This is, in my opinion, the best alternative......

Why anyone would want to do business with Google anyway is beyond me...I know they're the biggest but they are far from the best, unless it's at search engines.

Will renew membership on Tuesday :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing