Survey for an endurance series

[GTR Evo] Survey for an endurance series

Hi Guys,

I was thinking of creating an endurance series, with 6 events on monthly basis. Each race should last at least 2 hours. It's all about an intense enduro race for the complete field.
To get a constant filled grid through the series, I was thinking of some changes of the great endurance race series initiated by Eric Kaczmarek last year.

-there will be an overall championship ranking, with a weight penalty regulation (similar to the Japanese SUPER GT series) in order to give the normal people a chance closing the gap towards the top guns in a race

-there will be only one carclass, to circumvent the fast degrading class grids either through absences before or crashes in the race

preliminary race schedule:

Qualification (superpole) starts @ 18:00 GMT
Warm-Up starts @ 18:25 GMT
Race starts (1 flying lap) @ 18:30 GMT

23.01.2010 Autodromo Internacional do algarve, or Mid Ohio, or Rouen 1955-1970 layout
13.02.2010 TBA through poll
20.03.2010 Paul Ricard HTTT or TBA through poll
24.04.2010 Road One or TBA through poll
22.05.2010 Interlagos or TBA through poll
05.06.2010 Le Mans 1977-1985 or TBA through poll

If you interested, please give a feedback to question in the poll and in this thread.

yummm 4+hr of Green Hell sounds great, 6hours even better, i would make sanwiches and have a few cans of redbull ready for those pitstop refreshments. I think Enduro needs long tracks otherwise you go insane taking the same bends for 100s of times.

wow nice Michael, thats whats its all about, a bit of rain changing track conditions, really takes skill. PM me if theres anymore races like that i would love to drive. :) At least you got to take part and experience it, and hopefully werent at the bottom of the DNF'ers.

Hi all, was just wondering if there would be any objections of me entering this event? I cannot make tonights as it conflicts with another series I am in but should be ok for the others. I am totally new around here but I am keen to get myself out of the comfort zone I am in racing just against my team mates. I am used to long races as last year I ran a similar event in rFactor using the FIA GT mod - we ran a 2 hour long race with time advance to simulate a 24hr event so we raced from the afternoon, through the night and into the following day - that was interesting at the ring :). I also ran a full F1 season along side the real life one in the MMG 07 mod doing full length races.

I am quite new to the whole Race series of games but am certainly enjoying them and it's nice to have real weather!I believe a couple of my team mates might also be interested in this series as I was going to move my endurance series this year into Race rather than rFactor - they too are keen to get out more into the community. All of us are clean drivers, we would rather have a great battle for last place than win by aggressive driving etc - the founder of our team is a former director of the clean racers club from LFS so that mind set runs throughout the team.

If there are no objections, would anyone be so kind as to point me where I need to go next. I saw the sign up link earlier in this thread but noticed it points to a Licensed drivers area so not sure what I need to do.

Cheers :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back