1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Survey for an endurance series

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Tobias Kluge, Jan 4, 2010.

1. GTR Evolution GT-Sport

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. GTR Evolution GT-Club

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. FIA GT 2008 Mod for GTR Evo GT2 class (Porsche 997 and Ferrari 430)

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  4. FVR V8 2009 Aussie V8 Supercar Series for GTR Evolution

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Race starts at saturday evening

29 vote(s)
    69.0%
  6. Race starts at a normal work day evening

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. [GTR Evo] Survey for an endurance series

Hi Guys,

I was thinking of creating an endurance series, with 6 events on monthly basis. Each race should last at least 2 hours. It's all about an intense enduro race for the complete field.
    To get a constant filled grid through the series, I was thinking of some changes of the great endurance race series initiated by Eric Kaczmarek last year.

-there will be an overall championship ranking, with a weight penalty regulation (similar to the Japanese SUPER GT series) in order to give the normal people a chance closing the gap towards the top guns in a race

-there will be only one carclass, to circumvent the fast degrading class grids either through absences before or crashes in the race

preliminary race schedule:

Qualification (superpole) starts @ 18:00 GMT
    Warm-Up starts @ 18:25 GMT
    Race starts (1 flying lap) @ 18:30 GMT

23.01.2010 Autodromo Internacional do algarve, or Mid Ohio, or Rouen 1955-1970 layout
    13.02.2010 TBA through poll
    20.03.2010 Paul Ricard HTTT or TBA through poll
    24.04.2010 Road One or TBA through poll
    22.05.2010 Interlagos or TBA through poll
    05.06.2010 Le Mans 1977-1985 or TBA through poll

If you interested, please give a feedback to question in the poll and in this thread.

2. My Enduro hearth can't say no to this. But it's quite busy the upcoming months. With all the Leagues starting etc.
    But i am up for it. I like to see the GT Sport and GT Pro again btw. :)

3. clearly GT Sport, most balanced class :D

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

It could be nice to have a longer, enduro race once in a while.
    Leagues are not in my list of "to do's" series are almost in the same class.
    Weekdays are better than the weekend, for me but probably not so for to many.
    Anything but the GT Club cars.

5. FIA GT 2008 by zand and GT Sport. (if these are balanced classes with the same physics, I don't know).

Also, on a Saturday evening starting at 8:00pm would be fine for me (I think).

You could also have a junior class (if it's possible of course) so the ones who are not as experienced can race for a shorter time with less cars. (I am one of them lol).

6. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

sounds like a good idea. i'd certainly be available on saturday nights (6:00GMT onwards) and since i'm not in any leagues it would be a good introduction for me!

7. Good idea mate, go for it, should be great!

8. The GTRE endurance events were a huge success when I ran them last year :) I have no doubts they would be again!!

9. If Saturday, it would depend on the cycle (as I work 4 of ever 12 Saturdays). Only week day that I could run is Friday (as long it there is no conflict with the ATCC schedule).

10. I could be interested in this, provided I get a gaming pc up and running, but cant guarentee every evening im free, especially the weekends in the summer.

11. By Saturday evening, I am understanding EU time? Considering I'm in Eastern US time...this would be afternoon's for me...but Saturday's are good (usually)...

12. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Why no GT Pro in the poll?

13. @ Timothy
    yeah meaning EU Saturday evening

my preliminary race schedule is this:

Qualification (superpole) starts @ 18:00 GMT
    Warm-Up starts @ 18:25 GMT
    Race starts (1 flying lap) @ 18:30 GMT

23.01.2010 Spa 2003/2004 400k ->2004 Layout to prevent cutting at Busstop
    13.02.2010 Mid Ohio
    20.03.2010 Paul Ricard HTTT
    24.04.2010 Road One
    22.05.2010 Interlagos
    05.06.2010 Le Mans 1977-1985

These dates doesn't interfere with other known RD league events.

comments are welcome :)

14. Love to see some other tracks then Spa, Ricard and Le Mans because we already did those.
    But that's my opinion. :)

15. They are IMHO too fast and difficult in overtaking out of the slipstream due to high aero needs (similar to last RDSTL season).

16. Gimme some input please, especially for the first race, all others can be voted later on easily. :) I had also some different tracks in mind, but most of them have cutting issues.

17. I think Mid Ohio is good for the first race. :)

18. Ok, I wait for other proposals till tomorrow and make a poll in the first racing club sign up thread.

19. Rouen-Les-Essarts?
    Algarve?

20. Haven't tried Rouen yet (DL now), but as a Virtua_LM track it must be classy. The Autodromo do algarve is a beautiful track, didn't know this one was already converted from rFactor. :ooh:
    I think I dump Spa for the first race and take these 3 tracks in the poll.:D