Hi,

I have a 5.1 speaker setup. Running GSC, all channels work
fine except L/R surround channels. Do I need to enable this
in game or some config file?

Thanks,
Jong

Sound card is:

ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card

Yes, it does have a dedicated application.

Works quite well with iRacing. Have not tried it yet with
rFactor but I'm guessing it might be the same with GSC.

Hello, what sort of sound card do you have, does it have some sort of control panel or all is set via Windows Sound card configuration?

Can you name few of those other titles? rFactor (1) maybe among them?

iRacing if i'm not mistaken has native surround sound support, so card only does "pass through", while for gsc i think you'll need to enable some sort of surround processing like Dolby Pro Logic II or maybe your card has some different processing tehnique, might be called 3D something something...

Is it actually connected to each speaker set via it's own channel outputs or it is connected to some sort of external Reciever via S/P DIF? If so, you might want to see if the reciever has some sort of "theater mode" or dolby pro logic II...

Connected thru individual channel output from the sound card
itself not thru digital SPDIF out.

It does have some dolby processing but I think it will only
work with the digital output. I'll check again.

Thanks!

iRacing if i'm not mistaken has native surround sound support, so card only does "pass through", while for gsc i think you'll need to enable some sort of surround processing like Dolby Pro Logic II or maybe your card has some different processing tehnique, might be called 3D something something...

Is it actually connected to each speaker set via it's own channel outputs or it is connected to some sort of external Reciever via S/P DIF? If so, you might want to see if the reciever has some sort of "theater mode" or dolby pro logic II...

Hello there, did it work?

I must say i'm quite sure that if you connect it via analog outputs you receiver then serves only as an amplifier. If on the other hand it is connected via S/P DIF, then it surely can use one of i guess few of built in processors which make surround output out of stereo signal. Reason for this is pretty simple: processors all work in digital domain (not saying it's 100% fo all cases but in probably 99% cases of todays consumer electronics) and connecting analog signal to it would require A/D conversion, then processor then yet again D/A conversion. Any processing in digital domain introduces some latency to the signal. In this case we have conversion from digital signal to analog two times, once from analog to digital plus processing the signal somewhere in the middle (albeit probably this latency can only be measured not actually "detected" by human).

So you option is: connect the card via S/P DIF - i think you can have both connected at the same time, just choose different input on receiever. Use some of the receivers built in processor.

Second option is: try to find if there is some sort of processor in sound card control panel, if so you may get it to output six channel encoded surround signal for the movies and games that natievly only output two front channels.

PS. What receiver do you have? Which model year?

Hope this would help :)

Did not get a chance to try it last night due to work.

No, I am not using a receiver. The sound card analog
outputs go to a multi-channel amplifier.

I'll report back after I check later.

Thanks!

Hello there, did it work?

I must say i'm quite sure that if you connect it via analog outputs you receiver then serves only as an amplifier. If on the other hand it is connected via S/P DIF, then it surely can use one of i guess few of built in processors which make surround output out of stereo signal. Reason for this is pretty simple: processors all work in digital domain (not saying it's 100% fo all cases but in probably 99% cases of todays consumer electronics) and connecting analog signal to it would require A/D conversion, then processor then yet again D/A conversion. Any processing in digital domain introduces some latency to the signal. In this case we have conversion from digital signal to analog two times, once from analog to digital plus processing the signal somewhere in the middle (albeit probably this latency can only be measured not actually "detected" by human).

So you option is: connect the card via S/P DIF - i think you can have both connected at the same time, just choose different input on receiever. Use some of the receivers built in processor.

Second option is: try to find if there is some sort of processor in sound card control panel, if so you may get it to output six channel encoded surround signal for the movies and games that natievly only output two front channels.

PS. What receiver do you have? Which model year?

Hope this would help :)

It's working now ... there was an option in the sound card's application
to set DSP mode to "Game Mode" which took care of mixing stereo
to multi channel.

Thanks for all the help.

Did not get a chance to try it last night due to work.

No, I am not using a receiver. The sound card analog
outputs go to a multi-channel amplifier.

I'll report back after I check later.

Thanks!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%