Resource icon

Skins SupV8: VF Holden 2016 V8SC Pack 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
gees i getting tired of these not working every time a updates released...

FOR ME = if i use the older MAS files which are part of the skin pack V3.0 download that has the Dunlop tire textures added, and also the WHT rims (for K=Mart car), i end up with the following issues:
- fords in the "2016 V8 Supercar" are OK, they have the dunlop tires and they do not spin around when stationary.
- Holden's in the "2016 V8 Supercar" category all have the Dunlop tires spinning when stationary.
- same situation in the "V8SC Others Liveries" category

do you guys have the tire textures working OK.

I have even repacked the MAS file with the tire textures, see below and for good measure placed them into the SuperV8 folder too and i still get spinning tires ARGH!!! can someone please help in this area ??

UMMxd9D.jpg

Do9Or0Y.jpg

- right click on the game in steam and select "properties" on that list
- select the local files tab on the window that pops up
- select the bottom option " VERIFY THE INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE..."

it may take up to 10 mins to check

Cool thanks Rob, never would have found that! Ran the check and now have it back up and running and yeah, same thing here, cycling through the three textures?

Cool thanks Rob, never would have found that! Ran the check and now have it back up and running and yeah, same thing here, cycling through the three textures?

Yes, i'm having the same problem. One thing I've noticed though, this cycling through the textures only happens on the official Reiza-rims. On the the rim's with other colours it doesn't happen. So i'm guessing it might have to do with the way the Reiza-wheels/tires display dirt-pickup and flatspotting.

Well I'm still using Robs skins in my GSCE install and loving it. I'll use these AMS ones when it finally settles down and works fine.
Keep up the good (and hard) work Rob.:thumbsup:

The skins are fine and work perfect, it's just trying to get the tires to work with the added Dunlop decals is a drama, it's probably a simple solution to those with more knowledge on how they are working

That's the animation sequence in the actual .GMT file that's causing the issue it's obviously set to cycle instead of the appropriate setting.

I don't know how the file structure is between the two cars but if the fords have their own .gmt files contained within the .mas then that will explain why it's only happening to one model and not the other.

If the model reads a different set of textures in the spinner compared to on track then an easy fix would be to overwrite the secondary (blurred) .dds with the first (stationary) texture, even though the animation will still be taking place the textures remain the same so you will not see the transition or alternatively if both the spinner and on track read the same texture .mas then the .gmt file needs to be re-opened in 3dsimed or 3dmax etc and have the animation sequence reset.

pretty common issue experienced among modders and definitely the cause may have been triggered by files being opened previously which can wipe the settings sometimes, exported and repacked with those wrong settings still in tact.

Hopefully this helps clarify your issue.

edit:
Sorry forgot to add, this can be caused simply by one single GMT file and not necessarily all of them it all depends which GMT gets loaded by the game first as once that's loaded the remaining GMT's with the same texture will have those same properties applied.

This can be quite annoying and misleading especially if you go on track and it's fine it makes you start going WTF but if this happens all it means is that a different GMT is being loaded first that doesn't contain the issue then those settings are applied to all other GMT's it's the exact same scenario just reversed.

Last edited:
As @Dirtnz suggests I feel this is an issue with the texture/animation settings.

These can be easily changed if you can unpack the mas file and open the gmt in 3dsimed

Maybe a dumb question, but isn't this animation of textures used for the Dirt-pickup, flatspotting etc of the tires ? So maybe we need more textures to properly display Dunlop Maxx sidewalls ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 215 14.4%