F1 2011 Supported Gaming Wheels PC

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi@all. I will preorder F1 2011 and would like to buy a gaming wheel. I played F1 2010 without it. Which wheels will be supported for 2011? I suppose same as for 2010.....or? My limit is about 100€. Which one would be the best wheel for this price... - Logitech Driving Force GT or - Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel or - other? thanks for reply!

I can say that DFGT is good choice. It's not expensive, but making good feeling of driving. Also you have alot of buttons, which will be needed in 2011 (i hope so...). The weakest point of wheel is pedals - plastic, no force feedback. There is also lack of paddles. I don't know about Thrustmaster, but DFGT is good enough I think.

I Highly Reccomend the Logitech Driving Force GT, it is the BEST value for money under £100 , it has alot of buttons, the Force Feedback is excellent, it's very strong and the Driving is excellent on it, the Shifter's are not the best but the value is there and you will get your moneys worth most definatly.

I just sold the DFGT for £50.

If you're getting the game for PC or PS3, then defantly the Logitech DFGT. I have 1 atm and it's fantastic. I broke my first 1 on DiRT (lol) and got a Thrustmaster 430 to replace it. Not a very good wheel in comparison. The peddles are much better yes, however when racing on F1 2010, I couldn't for the life of me keep the car in a straight line on that wheel.
Soon as I went back to the DFGT, I was back to my old talent again.

Go Logitech.

im in the same boat. I'm thinking about getting a DFGT over a g27 ( G27 is just too expensive) but I'm scared that F12011 won't support DFGT. Should i wait to a compatible list is released or is it a sure thing?

As for the "missing" paddles on the DFGT: Check www.granturgismo.com , this guy ships almost everywhere. Just received mine today (got the DFGT yesterday). Ordered both last friday. Shipping of the paddles from the US to Germany took one day longer than shipping the in-stock wheel from a german internet shop... :D
The paddles look and feel good, they are good to reach and the adjustable version lets you adjust the distance between paddles and wheel.

I have the 430, with all the gear changing i just thought metal paddles would last longer. As the only other wheel i have ever had was a cheap trust 3400 for the money id say its an excellent wheel, very sturdy, feels good and has good feedback. It has 8 buttons on the wheel plus a dpad and the manitano or whatever its called which can be used as 5 more programable buttons. it also has 3 buttons on the base.

The clap system has a metal bolt and once you have it secured it stays there. The peddals arnt metal which is what i thought, rather they have a metal plate over them the base plate for them dosent slide but you need some grippy socks or shoes so your feet dont slip off. The response for the pedals and the wheel is good, although as said earlier it is difficult to hold the car straigh without atleast 5% deadzone.

For £20 less than the DFGT its a great wheel.

I wanted some opinions. I think the metal peddles are better. but I don't know about the other functions like control, buttons and so on thats the reason for my thread. thanks@all I think it doesn't matter which wheel. both wheels are great. It looks like, DFGT is better in control and the F430 scores with the peddals.

The Logitech DFGT is a fairly new wheel (it was released with and for Gran Turismo 5) and it has force feedback. If a racing game supports force feedback, it will support the DFGT.

i currently use this wheel and it is very good for the price..............
and btw there are 2 buttons on the back of the wheel that act as sequential gear shift.......

I have the F430 and I have no problem keeping it in a straight line in F1 2010. One of the reasons I ended up going for the F430 as opposed to the DFGT was the latter's plastic and cheap looking pedals. The F430's are solid and made of metal - they feel as though they could withstand a real hammering for a long time. I would say the gear change paddles have become erratic from time to time and that's after less than a year. It's not a major problem as the face buttons can easily be used as substitutes, but that would have to be the only black mark against the F430's name for me. I've just ordered a Wheelstand Pro for it in preparation for F1 2011 - which is looking unbelievably good!

One other thing - not hugely important, but the F430 looks gorgeous - much better looking wheel than the DFGT in my opinion. And of course, it's a Ferrari branded product - this helps a lot with the looks. :D

What about Xbox 360's? My limit is like 150 Euros. Help?

I too am in Xbox world and have been doing some homework.
We miss out on some great Logitech products and pay more for most things due to MS licensing arrangements.
Summary appears below.
Updated.

Maker

Item
Appr
Price
Compatability
Summary

Fanatec

CSR Elite

£500

XBox, PS3, PC

Essentially their new Clubsport setup (see the video below) but with Xbox compatibility and less features limited by console. Two big motors New optical system “direct sensor technology” on axis vs motor. Sports style wheel with carbon fibre construction. They will make other wheel styles available based on demand. Two screws to undo to swap.
Pedals are from £50 or adapter for Xbox ones for £15.00.

Fanatec
CSR
£250
XBox, PS3, PC

Similar looking wheel to above but no Carbon and sits on an updated/improved version of the old GT2 workings. (link to Photo below)
Madcatz
FFB
£180
Xbox
Updated and rebadged Saitek 660 FFB Wheel with added metal construction (or facings?). (link to Photo below)
Microsoft
Official
£100
Xbox
Discontinued. Prices rising. Durability queries.
Microsoft
Controller
£60
Xbox
The funny looking one like a WW2 Bomber controller.
Datel

£54.99
Xbox
Wireless Vibration but no FFB steel bearings
Thrustmaster
458 Italia
£70.00
Xbox
Wired, Vibration, No FFB. Expensive and basic..
Datel

£29.99
Xbox
Wired Vibration but no No FFB
Madcatz
MC2
£40
Xbox
Wired Vibration but No FFB, Cheap but functional.

My personal conclusions.
Fanatec are doing some great design work but appear to me to have had some growing pains as quality control, logistics and customer service haven’t kept pace with their rapid growth. Beautiful designs, very sexy but far from trouble free. They are more like Ferrari than Porsche in this regard.
Madcatz have done us proud with a $40 non FFB wheel but I would find it hard to pay more than £100 for the FFB one. Original (and apparently not bad) Saitek 660 it is based on was £59.99 in 2008 back when a Logitech G25 was £200. If it’s over £100 they are being naughty. If my estimates above are correct I would have to go the extra for the CSR.
Thrustmaster appear to be keen to see what happens when they join two companies that like to overcharge for peripherals (Xbox and Ferrari) together on one product. The fruit is the 458 Italia. Same as a £29.99 wheel but more expensive. Personally I’ll just be buying the prancing horse sticker.
I would buy the Logitech G27 (£200.00 at moment) in a heartbeat if it was Xbox compatible.
Karl Raper has a FFB wheel. I have to have one because if he has one and is fast then when I have one I will be fast no?

http://www.fanatecwheel.com/news/hands-fanatec-csr-elite-wheel
Photos of two fanatecs and madcatz below.
http://www.insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=3983&start=40
Below video: The one to make you cry as we can’t have it unless it fits the Elite base too, TBA
Below video (third one down their home page) gives much extra detail on the CSR Elite and ability to swap wheels.
http://www.fanatecwheel.com/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years