SUPPORT: How to change "pitch" angle of view

tylargh

twitch.tv/tylargh
Hi, hard to explain, but this is a setting that I've been trying to figure out how to adjust since I got AMS. Essentially it's the up/down tilt of the first person view in cockpit. This is trivial to adjust in Assetto Corsa, here's me demonstrating what I mean:

I *think* there's a way to update this by editing INI files, but it's car-to-car, not trivial, and I remember it not really doing anything. But hopefully it's something simple in the button mapping menu that I can set :)

Also worth noting, I've had trouble figuring out how to set this with all ISI engine titles.

Any help is welcome! Thanks!

Last edited:
I *think* there's a way to update this by editing INI files, but it's car-to-car, not trivial, and I remember it not really doing anything. But hopefully it's something simple in the button mapping menu that I can set :)

Also worth noting, I've had trouble figuring out how to set this with all ISI engine titles.

Any help is welcome! Thanks!

yes, it's not too difficult, just a bit of trial and error.
Look in the vehicle folder for the CAM file.

Example Formula Extreme:

F_Extreme_Cams.CAM

in the LocalCam=COCKPIT section, change the OrientationOffset line:

PositionOffset=(0.000000, -0.02500, -0.00000) \\(+Left-Right, +Up-Down, +Back,-Forward)
OrientationOffset=(0.03000, 0.000000, 0.000000) //(+Up-Down, +Left-Right, Roll: +Left-Right)

It's a while since I did this, but if I remember right, the Positionoffset controls the vertical up/down, and OrientaitonOffset controls the tilt up/down).

Thanks @Keith Windsor I believe I saw something like that while back but I couldn't get it to work. I'll check this out when I get home. Shame it's not adjustable via the UI :/

Also, can this change be made while in game? or do I have to completely restart AMS every time I make a change?

Thanks again, guys!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 368 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years