• "I'm going to pee in your seat" - Jenson Button
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

SUPPORT: How to change "pitch" angle of view

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by tylargh, Jul 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tylargh

tylargh
    twitch.tv/tylargh Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    Hi, hard to explain, but this is a setting that I've been trying to figure out how to adjust since I got AMS. Essentially it's the up/down tilt of the first person view in cockpit. This is trivial to adjust in Assetto Corsa, here's me demonstrating what I mean:

I *think* there's a way to update this by editing INI files, but it's car-to-car, not trivial, and I remember it not really doing anything. But hopefully it's something simple in the button mapping menu that I can set :)

Also worth noting, I've had trouble figuring out how to set this with all ISI engine titles.

Any help is welcome! Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  2. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +551
    yes, it's not too difficult, just a bit of trial and error.
    Look in the vehicle folder for the CAM file.

Example Formula Extreme:

F_Extreme_Cams.CAM

in the LocalCam=COCKPIT section, change the OrientationOffset line:

PositionOffset=(0.000000, -0.02500, -0.00000) \\(+Left-Right, +Up-Down, +Back,-Forward)
    OrientationOffset=(0.03000, 0.000000, 0.000000) //(+Up-Down, +Left-Right, Roll: +Left-Right)

It's a while since I did this, but if I remember right, the Positionoffset controls the vertical up/down, and OrientaitonOffset controls the tilt up/down).

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jebus

Jebus

Ratings:
    +450
    Yup, OrientationOffset is for pitch.

Hope we get this to the UI at some point.

4. tylargh

tylargh
    twitch.tv/tylargh Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    Thanks @Keith Windsor I believe I saw something like that while back but I couldn't get it to work. I'll check this out when I get home. Shame it's not adjustable via the UI :/

Also, can this change be made while in game? or do I have to completely restart AMS every time I make a change?

Thanks again, guys!