1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Supersonic clouds in some AC tracks?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Sk3ptik0n, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I was racing the other day in single player when I noticed that the clouds were racing across the horizon at great speed. I didn't think much of it, but today I raced a a couple of modded tracks and the clouds were also racing across the sky. We are talking clouds that go faster than an airliner and those in the background must be supersonic.

I research the topic on Google but nothing came up. Are my settings wrong someplace or is it a known bug?

2. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

I'm not sure it's a bug or anything like that. I'm pretty sure it's "As Designed", it's just poorly optimized. If it's been reported on the official forums then hopefully it'll be fixed in the next build.

3. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Thanks, maybe I am the only one that sees it. I'll see if I can take a video of it tomorrow and post it, then I'll post a ticket at the AC forums unless one is already open.

4. Joao Alves

Joao Alves
    Premium Member

I have the same problem with the clouds. I could almost swear that I saw something about it already, but maybe not. Can't hurt to take a look, and post if it isn't.

5. Check weather1.cfg (in Steam folder)
    Make sure its default.
    And also check race.cfg (in Documents folder)
    Make sure time and cloud speed are default.

6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks Premium Member

I noticed my clouds moving pretty quickly the other day too, forget which track though.

7. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

I never actually looked up to the sky when racing focussed, its blue and that is all which is important to me in AC :p

8. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

On some tracks the clouds pass on the horizon line and they are smack in your face as you crest the road. Hard to ignore the giant puffy cloud going supersonic right above the road.

9. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

Still never noticed them, I do need full 100% track focus or else I crash
    Nobody tried and checked this so far?

10. I eventually pay attention to clouds when looking at replays. During race I don't have the time to look at them, i'm usually busy dodging walls and sandtraps. But yes, they are supersonic.

11. There are clouds in AC!? ;)

12. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks Premium Member

I never look up at them when racing/driving, but when the giant blue section in my peripheral vision quickly turns to white instead of blue it's kinda hard not to notice. When I really noticed how fast they were going was when I had stopped on track to make an onboard setting adjustment, when you're stationary you can't help but see them flying across the screen.

For those who say they only look at the track when racing and nothing else, remind me never to go two-wide in a turn with you. :confused: ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Yes, using high or max world detail. Is not resource intensive though.

14. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one.

In Steam... \assettocorsa\system\cfg\weather1.ini

change BASE_SPEED_MULT=0.0150

to BASE_SPEED_MULT=0.0015

I think it fixed it for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. If you set Time Multiplier more than x1 then you will see the clouds drifting by at very high speeds. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. in some modded tracks yes its moving fast, but official tracks so far none

17. Bernd Graf

Bernd Graf
    Premium Member

It's a bug, Kunos got lazy :p. Adjust cloud speed in the weather.ini file found in the cfg folder in AC's file path. Just add a 0 or two to the stock cloud speed and things will improve dramatically.