Supersonic clouds in some AC tracks?

I was racing the other day in single player when I noticed that the clouds were racing across the horizon at great speed. I didn't think much of it, but today I raced a a couple of modded tracks and the clouds were also racing across the sky. We are talking clouds that go faster than an airliner and those in the background must be supersonic.

I research the topic on Google but nothing came up. Are my settings wrong someplace or is it a known bug?

I'm not sure it's a bug or anything like that. I'm pretty sure it's "As Designed", it's just poorly optimized. If it's been reported on the official forums then hopefully it'll be fixed in the next build.

On some tracks the clouds pass on the horizon line and they are smack in your face as you crest the road. Hard to ignore the giant puffy cloud going supersonic right above the road.
Still never noticed them, I do need full 100% track focus or else I crash
Check weather1.cfg (in Steam folder)
Make sure its default.
And also check race.cfg (in Documents folder)
Make sure time and cloud speed are default.
Nobody tried and checked this so far?

I never actually looked up to the sky when racing focussed, its blue and that is all which is important to me in AC :p

I never look up at them when racing/driving, but when the giant blue section in my peripheral vision quickly turns to white instead of blue it's kinda hard not to notice. When I really noticed how fast they were going was when I had stopped on track to make an onboard setting adjustment, when you're stationary you can't help but see them flying across the screen.

For those who say they only look at the track when racing and nothing else, remind me never to go two-wide in a turn with you. :confused: ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.3%