1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Supersoft and medium tyres?

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by loma28, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Maybe a stupid question: you are talking about supersoft and medium tyres, but in my Race Strategy I can only choose soft, hard and 2 wet. Where are supersoft and medium?
    Thank-you

2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

It a relative thing. The tyres taken to a certain track might be super-softs and mediums. However in the game they will still be described as soft and hard.

You have to know the colour code to understand what tyre you are actually getting.

Wet - Orange
    Intermediate - Light Blue
    Super Soft - Red
    Soft - Yellow
    Medium - White
    Hard - Silver

Just say you are at Spa and the 2 dry tyres used there will be Medium and Soft. In the game they will be called Hard and Soft, the better description would be Primes (the harder tyre) and Options (the softer tyre).

So even thought the game may say soft/hard, look at your tyre colours they will be White and Yellow

3. That was the colour code that was used by Pirelli on 2012. For 2013 Pirelli made some changes:

Wet - Blue
    Intermediate - Green
    Super Soft - Red
    Soft - Yellow
    Medium - White
    Hard - Orange.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Oh yeah, thanks. I looked at the wrong list :)

The point remains the same though (for the OP), hard/soft (Prime/Option) can mean a combination of those 4 dry tyre colours, depending on what track you are at ..........

5. thank-you all