Superpole

Status
Not open for further replies.
He guys just want to get some info what most of you guys think of Superpole?
Personally i am not a big fan of it. And i believe normal Q is always way more exciting and gets people on the places where they should be instead of one mistake and you are back of the grid and they need to work there way up to the "slower" cars wich most of the time results in contact.
Superpole only works for me if you have open Q first and then the top 5 has a shootout but not the whole field. Just fishing for some opinions here. :)

I believe normal Q is always way more exciting and gets people on the places where they should be instead of one mistake and you are back of the grid and they need to work there way up to the "slower" cars wich most of the time results in contact...

I think this is the key point we at the staff looked for the Super Pole system, is like open a door to a new chance of getting a non expected starting grid... a mistake and a fast car can be down on grid, a very good lap and you can go ahead. And the best is that it means good races... I remember some fast drivers recovering their positions from the back, and it was outstanding.

A normal Qual is def more exciting and very good material for broadcast. Doing normal qual is way much more fun as you try to move up the grid and do battle already in qual. Also for the broadcast it would be great material.

The only thing speaking for superpole is the surprise grid.

Both have pro's and con's. If we would like to broadcast qual then ded i would go for open qual. But then you need a commentator who has the laptimes in front of him ;). Tbh this is what i am laking in the broadcast for the moment, giving details when someone is closing the gap and laptimes.

I think this is the key point we at the staff looked for the Super Pole system, is like open a door to a new chance of getting a non expected starting grid... a mistake and a fast car can be down on grid, a very good lap and you can go ahead. And the best is that it means good races... I remember some fast drivers recovering their positions from the back, and it was outstanding.

Yes we saw that. But was saw also alot of contact because of that.
But like Tom said normal Q is more fun and more exciting imo.

What we did with F1 this year was truly awesome and best of both worlds

Normal Q in practice mode. Then move to Q and the top 5 did superpole.
5th went out as first and when he finished his outlap number 4th went out and so on.
So you could follow everybody in the broadcast and when one guy finished his timed lap and switch to the next car wich is starting his hotlap.

Well RPM have had a few great races fighting through the field after mistakes in Superpole. I think it adds to the excitement and it's always cool watching a driver rise from the back of the grid to a good position. Superpole is the best idea for a qualifying session that isn't being broadcasted, but if it's being broadcasted, it's probably better to have an open qually.
An idea I have would to go alongside the F1 route of qualifying, and have a Top 10 shoot-out. But instead of having it an open session, you could put it as superpole. Drivers leave their garages every 30seconds (Starting from 10th in Qually Session 1 and up to 1st going last) and do their laps, so we can see how each driver is doing, and each of them gets air time on the broadcast (If qually was to be broadcasted - which I think it should be) Then say a driver was up in the first sector, we get the assistant commentator (usually Andreas or David or Xose but could be anyone) to look at the sector times and see if anyone is up on the previous person, and announce it on the broadcast - so everyone knows how their driver is doing. Then once the driver before has finished their lap, the camera switches to the next driver, and we know how far behind the provisional pole time they are.

Sounds confusing but I hope you understand :D

We can't broadcast Qualy, is too much broadcast time (not from a € perspective, but from a show one),
, it will be like one more hour considering you have to continue during the warmup, this is like a 3 hours show.

I think it's more interesting to have a good race than a good qualy. If you have an "exciting" 10 mins of qualy, but then you have a 90 mins race with all the cars going one after another separated by 5 seconds (which is what will happen with a notmal qualy) the broadcast will be really boring.

Sometimes is hard to make it entretaining at the end of the races because all cars are settled where they are supposed to be considering their pace, if they start like that will be really impossible to do.

Cya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years