SuperCar Challenge

Just a reminder to anyone interested in this game that most retailers seem to have this game down for release the 21st of August so not long now if all goes according to plan. Gameplay have it for a very reasonable £32.99

I've had the beta from the start. For me personally I don't think it has the edge over Forza or Gran Turismo but its not that far off, I have the game pre-ordered with Gameplay for £32.99

• holmglen03

I agree, but it's a HUGE improvement gameplay wise over Ferrari Challenge for me. A hell of a lot easier to keep the car on the road. Much better graphics as well (although not as good as GT5 or FM3). The first game that I'm actually going to use the inside camera for (could never drive well with that!). Won every race so far as well!

Going to pre-order from GAME.

Hi guys just tried this and I agree it’s easier to drive than Ferrari challenge, but I still have the same problem as I did in Ferrari challenge when changing gears with the G25 I have to click (for want of a better word) the paddle twice to change gear, which isn't the worst thing that could happen I know, but it means that you have to concentrate more on the gear changes than the driving which can lead to a new set of problems :fwd2:, I haven’t heard anyone else with this problem so maybe it’s just me, don’t think there’s anything wrong with my G25 as it works perfectly with every other game. One other thing and again its probably just me but the Nurburgring looked different took me awhile to remember where I was! :starving:

Oh and Mark as far as I know Tiff is back again:alien2:

Unfortunately the release date has slipped to the 4th of September. I say unfortunate because while I'd rather see them delay a game than release it full of bugs this pushes the game closer to the release dates for NFS:Shift, Dirt 2, Forza 3 etc so it could be costly in terms of sales if people decide to hold onto their cash for one of those as I think many did when Ferrari Challenge was delayed and then delayed again which put it head to head with GT5P.

I've had a think about it and decided to cancel my order. Forza 3 and GT5 just around the corner that will provide the same kinds of supercars and once they arrive I don't think there will be many driving games to tear me away from them.

• holmglen03

Using the PS3 controller I had problems with changing down a gear as well at times.

Has anyone else tried this with a G25? I am finding the handling\steering very erratic, its a pity as I have a couple of friends buying this and wanted to like it:dont-know: oh well maybe the full game will be better.

Has anyone else tried this with a G25? I am finding the handling\steering very erratic, its a pity as I have a couple of friends buying this and wanted to like it:dont-know: oh well maybe the full game will be better.

Go into options and turn both pedal and wheel settings down to low, sorted it out for me. Even turning ffb back down to low makes it better. It really is a great experience. Spa in the DBR9 is one of my best all time racing game experiences.

thanks for the advice Neil it makes a big difference:embarrassed: I have put in a order with shopto, but has the release date slipped to next friday 12/9 ?

Release date hasn't slipped but it would seem copies are very few and far between. Shopto don't have any copies so I cancelled my preorder with them. Luckily my local Game store (who only got three copies!!) have put one away for me to pick up later today. I have heard that play.com seem to have copies. Considering the release date was put back until today so they could manufacture more discs it makes you wonder who is in charge of logistics.

Thanks for the heads up Neil, Ive just reserved a copy in my local game store for later :beauty: Ill just go and cancel my order with shopto, see you online later maybe :D

Gameplay have my order listed as complete but it didn't arrive today. I'm hoping it turns up tommorow else I'll not be amused. System 3 have dropped the ball again. Mark Cale had a lot to say for himself, System 3 and Eutechnyx and has failed to deliver. Ferrari Challenge was fun but where was the DLC they talked about? 1 pack. It wouldn't be so bad if they could actually stick to a release date. I'm starting to think it should have been System 3 and Fanatec partnering up instead of Fanatec and Turn 10 as both companies are well known for the delays.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 113 13.4%