1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

US Super V8's @ Spielberg Historic, Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Sep 8, 2015.

Added to Calendar: 16-09-15
  1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Super V8_02.jpg All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!
    Cars SuperV8's
    Track Spielberg Historic
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM US CLUB
    Server & Teamspeak Password: click here

Race 1
    Practice: 9:00pm EDT
    Qualifying: 9:10pm EDT (10 minutes)
    Warm up: 9:20pm EDT (3 minutes)
    Race 1: 9:25pm EDT (20 mins)

Race 2
    Practice: 9:45pm EDT
    Qualifying: 9:55pm EDT (10 minutes)
    Warm up: 10:05pm EDT (3 minutes)
    Race 2 : 10:10pm EDT (20 mins)

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Jim Nobbs
    3. Yves Larose
    4. Shijie Zhang
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    Server is UP

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  2. budlix

budlix
    Wheel Rotator Premium Member

so this is V8 Stock Cars or Super V8'S?

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Super V8's. A last minute change was made with the introduction of the Super's! First post edited.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium Member

Sign me up please. I finish a late shift so 1am GMT is possible! There is a small chance I am not up for it after work. Hope that is ok @Dennis Phelan

5. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

sign me up please :)

6. St3fan

St3fan
    Stefan Zhang <- Just use this name for convenience Premium Member

I would like to sign up for this one too :)

7. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium Member

@Dennis Phelan could we have a server set up so I can practice and with luck a few others might come and join me. Thanks

Jim

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I wrote this for a PM last night but evidently did not send it :(
    "I just put up the Tuesday night race. As soon as that event is over I'll be loading Wedneday's event."

9. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium Member

Thanks Dennis.

10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Your server is up.jpg

11. Quentis Gillispie

Quentis Gillispie
    Premium Member

Sign me up

12. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium Member

@Dennis Phelan Ummm... is the server set up to the correct track. I have been practising Spielberg Historic (which is what is says in the 1st post) but the server is on just the "Spielberg" track.

Have I been practising the wrong circuit?

13. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium Member

@Dennis Phelan another update. I also get a SuperV8.hdv mismatch and kicked from the server when I join. I have done a steam verify and that did not make any difference.

The EU server is also set for Super V8's so I test joined that server with no problems. Seems ot just be the US server for me.

14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Track changed but I also get the mismatch, working on that!

15. should be fixed guys !

• Like Like x 1
  16. Quentis Gillispie

Quentis Gillispie
    Premium Member

sorry I have to drop this race.

17. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium Member

@Dennis Phelan @bömii Thanks for looking at the track and mismatch error.

There are two versions of Spielberg Historic. There is a "Historic" one (the one I have practised) and one called "Vintage" (which is what the server is currently set to. Are we racing the Vintage one as I assumed it was the Historic one as there was no mention of Vintage in the 1st post. I don't mind but I have practised the Historic one only.

18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The one that's up is what you get. Because there are no licence agreements the tracks get called many names, the ones in the DS are sometimes displayed different than in the lobby even. I know of only three versions of Spielberg (Austrian GP), short, GP and Historic. The Historic tries to give a sense of the old Osterichring(sp) but doesn't come close. These are club events just for fun. Practice is good though :).

19. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium Member

No problem.

It is the historic but in my 100% default steam version of GSC I have 2 tracks under Spielberg Historic, One just called Historic and one called Vintage. I did not realise that not everyone would have the same tracks. Assumed all would have the default Steam tracks.

The Vintage one seems to just miss out a Chicane on the start finish straight so very similar indeed.

Thanks and sorry if I came across as a pain. Just did not realise I had been practising the wrong version of Spielberg Historic.

20. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Nobkins I just looked in my GSCE folder and there are two historic Spielberg tracks under :"Historic", Historic and Vintage. The two "modern" tracks are in the other folder. My bad :(.