Setup for a 40 laps club race.

qualifying strategy:
- soft tyres
- 15l of fuel for 2 fast laps
- tyres start falling off on the third lap

race strategy:
- 2 stints on soft tyres
- there should be around 15% tyre life left after 20 laps
- tyre wear: 4.3% per lap (front and rear)
- 197l of fuel for 40 laps + 1 warm up lap
- fuel consumption: 4.8l per lap

Here is a video showing you the fastest line around the track and which gears to use. A made this video a few months ago before weight penalties for auto lift and auto blip were introduced so I had both enabled. Please turn them off and blip the throttle on downshifts. There is no need to lift on upshifts. The weight penalty for using auto lift and auto blip is draconian at 5% of the cars' weight. That's around 71kg. On the other hand the weight penalty for using ABS (low) is only 1% so you can turn it on and it will help you save your tyres.

Attachments

• Super V8 Bathurst 40 Laps.svm
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,324
Would this setup be ok for a full 161 laps of Bathurst race? I assume I would make changes to medium tyres and fuel etc?
Yes, you can use this setup for a 161-lap race. Start the race with soft tyres and 100l of fuel. Run 8 20-lap stints on soft tyres. Refuel 96l during each pit stop. You could theoretically run 7 stints on the hard compound but the soft tyre is so much faster you won't be able to save enough time by doing 1 stop less.

Thanks..this really helps with the default setup's tire eating understeer at Bathurst. I also used it on the new Adelaide track, and while it's maybe not ideal, it's way better than default and a great base. Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back