Super Touring Ideas

Hello everyone i have come up with an idea about the super touring mods out there.What if an imaginary world super touring car championship was created combining various teams from the championships of the time(natcc,belgian procar,btcc,satcc etc.).I know that the super touring season mod created by andreasfsc pretty much is what im saying but what if a championship was created that has all of the super touring cars of the time(chrysler,honda,pontiac,renault,hyundai,volvo and others).Could such a thing be possible?This is just an idea.

Here is a list of all the super touring cars that could be used:
Mazda Xedos 6(natcc 97 mod)
Peugeot 406
Nissan Primera
Pontiac Sunfire(natcc 97 mod)
Toyota carina(btcc 96 skin) or the camry from the natcc 97 mod
Renault Laguna
Hyundai Lantra
Mitsubishi Carisma or the lancer(as seen in toca world touring cars)
Volvo S40
Holden/Vauxhall/Opel Vectra
Audi A4
Ford Mondeo
Chrysler Stratus(natcc 97/STCC 99-00 mods)
VW Vento(natcc 95 mod)
Honda Accord
Alfa Romeo 156(from the stw 98-99 because its the best version)
BMW 320i
Saab 9-5 aero(as seen in toca world touring cars)
I hope you like this list again as i said this is an idea not a request.What do you think of it?:)

I'm not a modder and i don't know how to make skins but i have made an entry list of drivers/teams and cars for this fictional championship as well as the status of the mods(if a car is created or not) and a possible calendar for a custom championship tell me your opinion about it tell it to many people because this could one day become an actual mod

Attachments

• WSTC.xlsx
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,019
Well the Nissan Sentra doesn't actually exist, from my mod I used the Primera model with the Sentra colours. And why choose Duncan Vos, he was the least successful of the SA Nissan drivers, I would have though Giniel de Villiers would be a better choice.

I've thought of a similar idea before, not necessarily using the cars as skinned in individual championships, but it's not impossible. The limitation is the number of cars that can race in each race, i.e. you wouldn't get all those cars in one championship.

As for the missing cars like the sentra you mentioned the already existent cars could be used for this with a different badge and different headlights/tailights.Somebody used the body of the primera to make the 1996 btcc toyota carina.Perhaps the same technique could be used for the other cars:thumbsup:

Yes I did a similar thing with the VW Vento using a Volvo S40 for the SA 1995 mod. By the way I thought of doing a similar thing myself a while back using what cars were around but was going to reskin them into works colours and factor in the STW 4wd cars that were around from Nissan and Ford. The updated mod makes this look even more interesting. So my entry list looked like this:

No. DRIVER CAR TEAM
1 Laurent Aiello Peugeot 406 Peugeot Sport
2 Emanuele Pirro Audi A4 Audi Sport Italia
3 Alain Menu Renault Laguna Renault Sport UK
4 Frank Biela Audi A4 Quattro Audi Sport
5 Jan Nilsson Volvo S40 TWR Volvo
6 Joachim Winkelhock BMW 320i BMW Team Schnitzer
7 Rickard Rydell Volvo S40 TWR Volvo
8 Steve Soper BMW 320i BMW Team Schnitzer
9 Rinaldo Capello Audi A4 Quattro Audi Sport
10 Michael Briggs Opel Vectra Opel Motorsport
11 Gabriele Tarquini Alfa Romeo 155 Alfa Corse
12 Yvan Muller Audi A4 Audi Sport Italia
14 Paul Radisich Ford Mondeo Mondeo Team GB
15 John Cleland Opel Vectra Opel Motorsport
16 Anthony Reid Nissan Primera 4x4 Nissan Primera Racing
17 Nicola Larini Alfa Romeo 155 Alfa Corse
18 James Thompson Honda Accord Prodrive
19 David Leslie Nissan Primera Nissan Motorsport
20 Jean-Christophe Boullion Renault Laguna Renault Sport UK
21 Roland Asch Ford Mondeo 4x4 Mondeo Team Schubel
22 Kelvin Burt Ford Mondeo Mondeo Team GB
23 Thierry Boutsen Ford Mondeo 4x4 Mondeo Team Schubel
24 Altfrid Heger Peugeot 406 Peugeot Sport
25 Matt Neal Nissan Primera Nissan Motorsport
26 Marco Werner Honda Accord Prodrive
27 Ivan Capelli Nissan Primera 4x4 Nissan Primera Racing

Nice line up lots of drivers and a variety of cars.Lets hope more people see this thread and tell their opinion on this because this idea could one day turn into a mod and im sure it would be one of the best addons for the supertouring mod.Btw i created a numberplate a while back tell me what you think of it :thumbsup:

Attachments

• World Super Touring Number Plate.JPG
    World Super Touring Number Plate.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 464

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%