Super Touring 98 Mod

There are no new templates right now. I'm very busy updating the base mod again. I was going to fix some minor things, but then I started making new suspension geometry and updating materials and some textures...

pitcrew2.jpg

Next update will hopefully be oploaded soon.
I have been busy with a lot of research about how to add pitcrews back to the game. I have discovered a lot of code is still there in the game, but it seams to be disabled.
I have been able to add the pitmarshal (has to be done track by track), but the same method doesn't seem to work for pitcrew. I have also added the controll for pitcrew detail to the menu, but that doesn't help either :(
pitcrew1.jpg

pitcrew4.jpg
pitcrew3.png
The pitmarshal works and is animated (he works very much like a flagmarshal, but with other positioning and trigger events). I have been searching a lot for clues and it seams like much of the code is still there (at least the strings) but I can't read or analyze the actual code. Probably I will never be able to get the pitstop animations to work as I want, but I have made some tests with static crew (only visible at race, not practice)

My GTR2 collegues have told me the Race07/GTR2 versions has been converted to Assetta Corsa and is sold for money without permission. It is also presented as their mod. Please don't buy.

https://www.********************/product/assetto-corsa-btcc-legends-mod/

I've read a bit about their "mod team". Their mods are either stolen work from other modders or stolen models from games like Forza, Project Cars etc. I've even seen reports of people getting faulty mods from them and not able to get refunds.
These practices are disqusting and disrespectul to any modder and only bring greed that should not belong to mods.
Please don't support these "mod teams" in any way.
If anyone encounters such examples in the future please contact me, the FRM page or Andreas to let us know.

Can anyone convert the mod to Assetto Corsa, make it better, and publish it for free? :thumbsdown::whistling:
Just thinking...
It did cross my mind to ask if you would consider collaborating with someone to convert it.
I would imagine it would be very popular.
Maybe post in the AC modding section to see if anyone is interested.
Seems such a shame that others are trying to profit from your work.
As a premium member you now have access to the paddock. Can I suggest you find the rant thread and post there about what happened.

Last edited:
It did cross my mind to ask if you would consider collaborating with someone to convert it.
I would imagine it would be very popular.
Maybe post in the AC modding section to see if anyone is interested.
Now THAT is an idea I would happily pay for and I would looove to drive this mod in a more modern environment like AC ;-)
Maybe you could consider looking into doing what the good guys from the DRM Revival mod have done and get some good talent on board who know their way around AC modding and build a modern TC mod based on your GTR2 mod.

I know at least two handful of people personally who would be all over it.

I personally have a very liberal attitude in regards of modding but the mod group / crooks you guys mentioned above who ripped this content and sell it are very, very well known in the community for doing just that - rip content without permission or ever even making attempts of contacting people involved with the mod, converting it on the cheap and then offering it for sale on their webshop.
These kind of people give the entire modding community a bad name and leave for many people even good groups who work on paid content a bad after taste as now for many people all "pay mods" are thrown into the same horrible soup people as Sim Dream have concocted :-(

There really is not much you can do about it and still keep your sanity - make it known to the community so at least people are informed, … that's about it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 109 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 206 15.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 522 38.2%