Super Touring 98 Mod

If you have unzipped the safety car files to '...Gamedata\Teams\TrackVehicles\Safetycar', open SafetyCar_Alfa_Romeo_156.car and change it from:
//HDVehicle=SafetyCar_Jaguar.hdc
HDVehicle=SafetyCar_Alfa_Romeo_156.hdc
Graphics=SafetyCar_ALFA_ROMEO_156.cas
//Graphics=SafetyCar_Jaguar.cas

to:
HDVehicle=SafetyCar_Jaguar.hdc
//HDVehicle=SafetyCar_Alfa_Romeo_156.hdc
//Graphics=SafetyCar_ALFA_ROMEO_156.cas
Graphics=SafetyCar_Jaguar.cas

Then do the same for the other safety cars, and you should have the Jaguar safety car

I didn't think there would be more updates for this mod, but 'i'm working on it right now. I'm also working on minor updates for oulton park (ai car problems) and croft (graphical). If I can get permission from the makers I can release them too.
What about the steering problems, when some of the cars pulls to the left?

I haven't had much problems with that, but it's probably caused by suspension/steering damage from springs bottoming out at some tracks. The Laguna has soft suspension as default setup. In the new version I have edited the damage files so the wheels can sustain more force without being bent. For now harder springs and/or more negative toe in can help.
The new version will have new setups for some tracks for the ai cars. I have learned quite a lot about that the last weeks :)

what about this carina?
35n8uft.jpg
Cool, that is my orig. Carina! I'm searching for more Pics and infos about, because i bougth the car from a guy who knows nothing of it. I restore the Carina to his orig. look at SPA 1996.

The update proceeds with 'new' tyre compounds and texture animation for rain (and a lot of minor fixes and tweaks.
The simbin tyre files have different heating, grip and other numbers for different tyres depanding on wheel position and wheel drive. The heating is set as heating/rolling and heating/friction.
I think these numbers should be the same for all wheels regardless of tyre position and wheel drive of the car. The different friction at the different wheel positions gives different temperatures as they should, but the difference is so big it makes it very hard to get enought heat in the rear wheels on fwd cars etc. So I have changed tyre cooling by moving air (the wheels are very covered by wheel arches anyway) and set different values for the different wheels to compensate. (I guess this is what the air intakes at the sides of the front bumpers of fwd cars were there for?)
I have also changed optimum temp for rain tyres to about 50 degrees (was same as for slicks before !?) and made some experiments with adding more tyre compounds.

Anyone else having wheel spin? I have no such problems here so it's hard to find whats causing the problem :unsure: Is it different for different tracks? Adjusted front fast bump settings could help at bumpy tracks.
The genstring should be in the readme (I'm not at home for the moment, otherwise I could paste it here).
I'm sure updating your skinpacks would make some people very happy :)

Well, after some test, i've noticed that not all FWD cars has that wheelspin, and not in every track. For example, the P11 Primera has massive wheelspin in the left turns in Misano. So i think this could rather be a track issue.
I didn't look at the readme, my mistake:whistling:, but thanks!:thumbsup::)

Hi Andreas, I tried your 1.7.5 version with Renault Laguna, Honda Accord, Audi A4 and Volvo S40 on differents modded tracks (Paul-Ricard, Nogaro, Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps), there is no FWD wheelspin problem for me.

That's good to hear :)
I'm working with the update. I have updated the tyres to have a little less grip (I have had reports of pre super touring still flipping over at some tracks, but I have had no problems myself), and added a soft tyre compound to keep the temperatures up at oulton park. The wear rate is very difficult to balance, so I might need some help there later. I have also edited the talent files to make the ai cars faster (not very much can be done).

Some other updates:

Added updated Chrysler Stratus (with some resculpting) from old mod
Added 'more' bumpstop for suspension
Increased suspension calculation for ai cars (uses more cpu, but gives better suspension)
Removed built in 'ai downforce' so the ai cars should only use the same downforce as player

I'm also working on updates for Oulton park (mostly ai, trying to decrease the stupid ai swerving), Croft and Knockhill (graphical).
If I can get permission I can release 'Super Touring versions' of them.

That's good to hear :)
I'm working with the update. I have updated the tyres to have a little less grip (I have had reports of pre super touring still flipping over at some tracks, but I have had no problems myself), and added a soft tyre compound to keep the temperatures up at oulton park. The wear rate is very difficult to balance, so I might need some help there later. I have also edited the talent files to make the ai cars faster (not very much can be done).

Some other updates:

Added updated Chrysler Stratus (with some resculpting) from old mod
Added 'more' bumpstop for suspension
Increased suspension calculation for ai cars (uses more cpu, but gives better suspension)
Removed built in 'ai downforce' so the ai cars should only use the same downforce as player

I'm also working on updates for Oulton park (mostly ai, trying to decrease the stupid ai swerving), Croft and Knockhill (graphical).
If I can get permission I can release 'Super Touring versions' of them.

I'm playing the 1995 French Super Touring championship with Yvan Muller's BMW e36 and the left rear wheel takes some temperatures like 100/92/110. I need to increase the tyre pressure but I can't, it's limited to 110 kpa for e36's rear wheels.
What file need I modify to fix that ?

Otherwise I noticed that the RWD pre-ST are very difficult to drive, the rear axle is untenable. It's linked to the fact that there is no rear wing. I tried several configurations of rear suspensions for the e30, but it remains a real soap.

I also noticed that the tires of the driving wheels are heating up a lot, it causes me some problems at beginning. Is it voluntary from your part or was my conduct too brutal? With the Laguna the front tyres were burning, I was forced to adapt my driving and I find it very realistic. I don't remember having this with the WTCC 06/07 FWD cars.

Thanks again for your wonderful work.

Thank you for your feedback. Do you use the last update? I have made some updates to the e30 but I cant remember if it is in the last update or it will be in the next.
For me it's the opposite with tyre temperatures. In the last version I usually have about 75-85 on driving wheels. I had some problems to get the temperatures up at oulton track (and the ai cars seems to have problems too, so I made a new soft compound). But it might have something to do with my driving style. Are there any more oppinions about heating?
Tyre pressure range can be edited in the .hdc files for each car. How big range is needed? :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%