• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super GT Enduro @ Paul Ricard HTTT PR - Rescheduled

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA

Class: GT-Club / GT-Sport (+ Porsche/Ferrari) / GT-Pro (+ Lamborghini, Maserati and Ferrari)
    Track: Paul Ricard HTTT PR

Weather: Dry

Start: 18:00gmt - 2:00pm EST - 11:00am PST
    Practice: 30mins mins
    Qualification: 10 mins (Super pole)
    Race: !!100 laps!! (~3.5hours)

Notes
    Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    After several requests for a long enduro, I am giving this one a trial. Depending on the response we might or not have another one:skywalker:

It is a VERY long endurance event (over 3hours). If you tend to leave an event after a minor crash because you lost a shot at that $1million payout, I would suggest avoiding to sign up. It is for the hardcore enduro guys who can manage with the "you have a suspension problem" message :)

SKINS
    - http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=976 (thank you Marcel)

2. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Entrylist:
    1. GT-Club: Péter Bártfai
    2. GT-Club: Timothy Miller
    3. GT-Club: James Yates
    4. GT-Club: Adam Vaughan
    5. GT-Club: Yassen Pavlov
    6. GT-Club: GRoy Stevens
    7. GT-Club
    8. GT-Club
    9. GT-Sport: Marcel vd Aa
    10. GT-Sport: Alexander Boroday
    11. GT-Sport: Jarbas Melo
    12. GT-Sport: Sean Vohs
    13. GT-Sport: Yves Larose
    14. GT-Sport: Eric Kaczmarek
    15. GT-Sport: João Andias
    16. GT-Sport: Gareth Hickling
    17. GT-Pro: Andrew Evans
    18. GT-Pro: Petr Kantor
    19. GT-Pro: Jon Marjanen
    20. GT-Pro: Cristian Haba
    21. GT-Pro: Abdul Ahmed
    22. GT-Pro: Michel Usal
    23. GT-Pro: Fernando de Almeida
    24. GT-Pro: Nuno Areias
    25. Opened

3. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Ok guys..... this is as extreme as it could be. However the track is very safe and the PR layout is perfect for an enduro:) Let's see how many nut cases we have at RD.

4. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    I'm in the GT Club category with a BMW Z4! I hope many people will take the challenge!:)

5. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    hehehehe, this is insane!... if the dvts don't get you, the mad stripes at the side of the track will... i gotta give this a whirl... sign up me up in a gtp, mate... :dance:

6. Petr Kantor

Petr Kantor

Ratings:
    +39
    I am in. GT Pro - Ferrari
    (i could use some overtaking for a change - slower classes are for better drivers)

Can anybody of the skilled race engineers try and help me prepare some decent setup for this event? ANY help is appreciated. I have read various guides but am still dumb as tree with my setups. All I manage to do right is the gear ratio and fuel!

7. Stefan Werner

Stefan Werner

Ratings:
    +23
    I'll take one of the GT Sport slots please! :D

I really hope this event fills up. Would be nice to get some good battles going in all three classes.

I am thinking I might run the GT Sport Ferrari, but managed to blow a motor within my first few laps in practice, so I don't know. What kind of lap times are we looking at around this place any ways?

8. Stefan Werner

Stefan Werner

Ratings:
    +23
    Ah crap... I was thinking this was this Sunday. Unfortunately I have to work on the 10th. So unless something unforeseen happens, disregard my last post.

9. Adrian Lazarescu

Adrian Lazarescu

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh i would have so liked to come at this one but i have to study for exams:(. But i hope there will be such events from June forward when i have some free time:).

10. John Sydenstricker

John Sydenstricker

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd probably be willing to try this in a sport or club car. Definitly not a pro car again. Unfortunatly I dont get out of work on sunday's until 4:30pm EST:( What a bummer, it will be my first sunday without a race since the end of feb.

11. Jon Marjanen

Jon Marjanen

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in! Most likely the C6R but might go for an F430. I haven't tried that mod yet. Do I have to pick a class now? If so then the GTP it is with a C6R since that's what I have most time in.

12. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    #555 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium

Ratings:
    +401
    Im in too, Lister Storm please. :D

13. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19
    GT Pro is my choice of class, Eric thank you thank you thank you. Come on guys lets make this happen.

14. Matt Crouch

Matt Crouch

Ratings:
    +0
    :( :( same day as RDMCC - is this a valid reason not to be at the RDMCC :roflmao:?

15. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Ratings:
    +426
    Put me down for a GT-Sport pls...

16. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Ratings:
    +219
    edit: forgot i had RD MCC

17. Timothy Miller

Timothy Miller

Ratings:
    +4
    GT-Club for me in the aston with my Gambler skin (I'll be posting later this week...Stay Tuned...Gotta finish the interior windows!)

18. James Yates

James Yates

Ratings:
    +5
    How well balanced are the addon cars to the ones from GTR Evolution? The last i heard about the GT Sport Ferrari and Porsche was that they were a lot quicker.

19. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Sorry guys about the RDMCC, but alternating Sunday it would have been the RDTCC :( either way there would be some unhappy campers.

@Andrew, I saw some pictures from the circuit and I was amazed they really have these blue lines. The LeMan series race there? that's really something to get crazy from after 24hours.

20. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    They are, but I doubt they will last the entire race. The Ferrari has a tenancyto blow up:rotfl: As for the Porsche, it is a little twitchy in long straights which could get very painful in a long race.:skywalker:

I really want to take a GT-Pro car, but at that rate we will be out of them quickly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.