Super fov projector

Ey up,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the refresh rates of projectors? Response time seems to be mentioned on so called 'gaming projectors' but not refresh rates. I can imagine 60hz being fairly vomit inducing above 70". Was thinking of using a DLP LED Chinese sweatshop model just as a first attempt at super fov...would appreciate any info!

Ey up,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the refresh rates of projectors? Response time seems to be mentioned on so called 'gaming projectors' but not refresh rates. I can imagine 60hz being fairly vomit inducing above 70". Was thinking of using a DLP LED Chinese sweatshop model just as a first attempt at super fov...would appreciate any info!

Ive owned 5 different projectors (since Forza 2) over the years and never had any real issues with 80-100" screen with 60Hz. Then again I don't find any real limitations with 60Hz on a TV neither.

I did try 720p @ 120Hz on past Optoma models (4-5 years ago) and using 3 of these with some temp tests but didn't like that resolution on triple 50+ inch screens I was considering. I then changed my mind to triple TV's as slim bezel models started appearing only for other things to get in the way and the build idea scrapped.

It may be worth holding off as BenQ have recently announced the...
W1700 for 2018 an affordable 4K HDR 10 projector.

Im not sure if this will run custom PC resolutions in 21:9 (My TV will even though it doesn't list it can) but it could be rather sweet for gaming.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing