rF2 Sunday September 20th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Le Mans 2004

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good race for me, my first RD outright win.

Credit must really go to Ric and Steve for setting up the car and allowing me to jump right in and be immediatly happy with it.

I drove the tourtoise of our 3 cars, opting for the lowest rev limit and longest period of low boost. However issues for the others put me into the lead as both Ric and then Steve's races went far from as planned

Good battle then with the leader of LMP2, between my stratergy and general inconsitencies we came to as close as 2 seconds on the final lap but managed to hold on

Good race

well that was great fun but i keep forgeting rfactor refueling aint like race07 refueling as i exited the pits with only 45L of fuel instead of the 75L that I intended (guess it ignores what you already have in the tank) so i had to pit for a splash n dash and i guess i had one glass of vino too much tonight as i did the same again and i had to coast over the line to take the flag in 4th or 5th (i forget which) :dazed: with just fumes left in my tank again.

Thnx all for a great race on a track that i love :good:

Good race for me too, this is my second Endurance race in RD, really enjoyed it!

Good battle with N Gault, he won in straights but I was faster in the last few turns.

Neil, have to say sorry for the contact.

Thx all for a great race!

Me and Gary had fun sharing the drive at his place, like somebody said the night driving is very hard and you have to adjust your driving accordingly, which usually happens after you have crashed once or twice :embarrassed:

I had a fun race, even with the incidents, and thoroughly enjoyed that.

Grabbed pole surprisingly easily although JJ soon got to grips with the Euskadi and was starting to home in on my mid 3:30.

JJ hit me into T1 off the start, no hard feelings here mate, just one of those things :).That put the pair of us right at the back of the field and some, those gravel traps are a nightmare. I was actually looking forward to seeing if I could get back to the front considering the pace advantage I'd had in practice and qualy. Through the darkness I got up to 4th and homing in on the LMP2 car in 3rd at between 4 and 6 secs per lap. When I made a mistake pushing too hard out of Terte Rouge, I spun and lost two laps worth of time I'd made up on Mr. Ho.

Pushed on again and closed at the same rate when just before dawn I hit a stationary car on the exit of the Esses at full tilt, puncturing the right front and seriously compromising the aero. Dragged it all the way back to the pits without losing 4th but the repairs dropped me down to 7th. Car felt good after repair but top end was down with some remaining aero damage. As those ahead pitted I climbed back to 4th and then 3rd with the unlucky disconnect of Steve. Tried to make up a 54 second deficit to Mr. Ho in the LMP2, now in 2nd but another spin over driving through Terte Rouge left me 25 seconds short but in hindsight I probably could have got to within 12 secs of him at best.

Good fun nonetheless, sorry for Martin or his co-driver in the stationary car at the Esses, I didn't have a chance to not hit you, came through there blind and flat-out with no idea you were there. Even if I had seen you earlier I doubt there was anything I could have done about it, the line through there is one committed to very early.

After a 3 week stop a race for me with Rfactor. And i really start to appreciate the FF in GTR Evo. :wink2:

Lonely race for me.

In lap 1 at the first chicane Gaylord spun in front of me and i couldn't avoid him.
This gave me some real splitter isues for the whole race and 10kph top speed. After that i just drove my laps nothing really to report but i love to race in the dark. Made a pitstop at the 30 min mark. In the second stint i had more grip problems because of the splitter problem so had a few mistakes and the track was really slippery in the morning. Was running 8th i think and then the timer ended and Daniel crossed the line and i was thrown back to the server lobby. Very weird. But good race everybody to bad there where not more people. :)

Q Time & Last finish

34i5s8k.jpg

bg31v4.jpg

After a 3 week stop a race for me with Rfactor. And i really start to appreciate the FF in GTR Evo. :wink2:
I think FFB is really not bad with Real Feel. It's almost better than evo.
<edit>
Also remember to buy the real feel upgrade for the car.
realfeelupgrade.jpg

http://www.enduracers.com/readme/README_ENDURANCE_SERIES_MOD.html
Some info about FFB I didn't know until today.
There's also some weird bug so the GT cars use positive FFB and all other use negative FFB.
</edit>

FFB,i like Evo is easy to set,
On rfactor,it can also set to good,but,need more time to test and try,
Anyway,i play Simbin race 3 years,but,rfactor just buy by this mod,and i also play other mod,on rfactor,more is good than evo, :)

• Klyde Parker

I have been runnig with the "realfeel" plugin for awhile now and liked it. Just recently I added the "LEO" plugin. Got both installed no and WOW... really like the results. BIG improvement. Just one little quirk... when your car is stationary, the steering wheel wants to turn a little to the right, left,right,left,right,left.... So, you need to keep hands on wheel to steady it. Once the car is motion, the right, left wheel motion quits. It's worth this little annoyance to me to get a VERY good FFB setup !!!!!

I think FFB is really not bad with Real Feel. It's almost better than evo.
<edit>
Also remember to buy the real feel upgrade for the car.
realfeelupgrade.jpg

http://www.enduracers.com/readme/README_ENDURANCE_SERIES_MOD.html
Some info about FFB I didn't know until today.
There's also some weird bug so the GT cars use positive FFB and all other use negative FFB.
</edit>

Also if you follow the guide that came with the mod it gives you the real feel and leoffb settings you need, it feels great once setup correctly, easily as good as evo if not better.

well that was great fun but i keep forgeting rfactor refueling aint like race07 refueling as i exited the pits with only 45L of fuel instead of the 75L that I intended (guess it ignores what you already have in the tank) so i had to pit for a splash n dash and i guess i had one glass of vino too much tonight as i did the same again and i had to coast over the line to take the flag in 4th or 5th (i forget which) :dazed: with just fumes left in my tank again.

Thnx all for a great race on a track that i love :good:

i`m sure you can edit some file so the fuel stops work like Evo, most likely your plr file.

had a quick look and would this be the line i need to change from 0 to 1
Relative Fuel Strategy="0" // Show how much fuel to ADD, rather than how much TOTAL fuel to fill the tank up to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back