1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday November 8th - US Muscle Cars (race) @ Okayama

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Class: US Muscle Cars (race)
    Track: Okayama
    Weather: Dry
    Practice: 30 minutes (20:00 GMT)
    Qualification: 30 minutes
    Warmup: 10 minutes
    Race: 2 x 12 laps
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

Special note
    you need Race On to enter that event and that you can choose the car of your choice in the US Mucle club class
  2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

1. Yves Larose
    2. George Mastrokostas
    3. David Ignjatovic
    4. Bram Hengeveld
    5. Martijn van Bommel
    6. Michal Szabo
    7. Martin Kraaijenbrink
    8. Hannu Karesola
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Emil B√łnnerup (maybe)
    20. Nicolas Hamilton (maybe)
    21. Marius Neverauskas (maybe)
    22. Pierre Higgins (maybe)
    23. Tim Ling (maybe)
    24. Dan Coldrick (maybe)
    25. Lee Downham (maybe)
  3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i think its time for the detroit muscle cars to meet the Nords :woot2:
  4. People are going to die on this track, Yves. The US Muscle cars don't turn. I feel like I've wasted $25 on this game. I am disappointed, SimBin.
  5. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Sean your in title of your opinion but i think its all come to the driving style and the way you approach those car, an exemple of what i mean is if you take a Nascar and try to drive and set it like an F1 you would say that the car doesn't turn, doesn't brake and doesn't stick to the tarmac. i've been a fan of the Camaro cup and i,m now a fan of the US Muscle club and i can tell you that if you would change your driving style and adapt it to the car instead of trying to adapt the car to your driving style you would find that the car does turn, does brake and does hold to the tarmac in its own way.
  6. Edit: Overbooked myself
  7. I'll have to keep trying those cars, but they just don't feel right. None of them seem to do what I want them to, or have any real interest in turning. Any tips? I am severely disappointed in this game. Although I really enjoy Formula Master.
  8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

thats the spirit :good: if your free tomorrow night Sean i'll setup a server at Road America with the car and will get some lapping and give you some general tips about those car. just pm me to let me know when its possible for you and anybody who will want to join :smile-big:

9. If I am free next Sunday, and as insane as this is gonna be, I am well up for giving Nords a shot in the Muscle Club :thumb:

EDIT: Just a thought - you might actually put some people off with this combo mate. Maybe to help get people into them a bit more you could change the venue to somewhere slightly less overfacing ... like the other new track, Okayama perhaps? (and my comments about Detroit below were made before this one).

... we need Detroit 88 in Muscle Club mate ... take these babies home! :rotfl:

Sean ... a few tips from what I sussed so far driving these things:

• Get off the gas/throttle sooner and leave more braking distance than with other cars
    • Don't downshift too early/hard, you will lock the rear up too much and spin out, although trail braking will help stop these beasties (GPL stylee)
    • Finish braking early, then let the car settle momentarily before trying to turn in
    • On corner entry the cars understeer, so most corners require a bit of a flick to get the cars to turn in (and they will not wanna turn in if you are still braking)
    • Slightly sideways is "normal" ... once turned in you need to oversteer these babies with the throttle and rear wheels to get them to turn and exit a corner faster.
    • Use the torque not high RPM's ... try running things one gear up from where you feel you would normally run (eg 2nd not 1st)
    BTW ... I am not keen on the default in game setups for Muscle Club, probably just me but try those posted by Yves and have a twiddle with ARB, springs and cambers to see if you find something more driveable or what suites your driving style :)

Good luck mate ... and I promise you that once you get the hang of these things, they will make you grin from ear to ear when you land a corner spot on :wink2:
  10. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i have to admit that it might seems a bit of a crazy combo but i remember when i ran the RDVLN serie RC and used the Camaro Cup on the Nords the car was actually feeling good. i'll run some test laps later today to see how it goes and i might just change the track.:fwd:
  11. Ohhh I know they are gonna be seriously good round there mate :evil: ... I was just thinking that it will require a lot more time and effort to get used to them and to set them up at Nordy rather than at another shorter and more forgiving track ... which I am not sure is a good thing if you are looking for more numbers at the Muscle Club events :wink2:
  12. This looks crazy! Hopefully I can make it so put me down as a maybe! Fingers crossed!
  13. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

ok i've done some testing and the combo is too crazy for now so i'm gonna change the track.:good:
  14. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    @ Simberia @Simberia

yeah i let out a small fart when i saw the car / track combo :tremble:
  15. You pansies.
    That would have been hard core racing :soldier:
    I run all the time with the GTL mod Corvette at the Nord and it is just pure awesome, filled with pain and sweat fun :glasses-nerdy:

Can I please have a slot with a '09 Chevrolet Camaro (the Track model).

Now I need to learn this Okayama track.:sarcastic:
  16. Won't take long for a super hardcore man like yourself George to learn this track :wink2: ... which is damn fine fun in these cars too :thumb:
  17. Yeah I did some runs last night it looks like the cars love this track.
    Nice controlled sliding :woop:
  18. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

hmmmm pretty quiet in here :sarcastic:
  19. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

I'm going to try and be here for this one. Not 100% sure if I can make it though.
  20. How do I join in?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.