1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday morning DTM @ Anderstorp - Sunday December 11th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Marco Bijl, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Car: T2L DTM 2010 (Click here to download)
    Track: Anderstorp 07 (Default track)
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race07 + GTR Evolution
    Special requirements: 1 pitstop is mandatory (at least 2 tires needs to be changed)

10:00 GMT: Practice
    10:30 GMT: Qualification
    10:50 GMT: Warm-up
    11:00 GM: Race (40 Minutes)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically. Click the banner below to log in to TS3.

To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Rui F. Martins (maybe)
    2. Stepan Senyuk
    3. Simon Kilov
    4. Alexander Lauritzen (maybe)
    5. Thibault Flouret-Barbe
    6. Ray Lilley
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    Update #9
  2. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

sign me in, let's see if someone appears this time ;)
  3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

I hope so.. These cars are SO worth driving around :)

I probably won't be able to make it myself. Have obligations at home I have to meet.
  4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Server is up! :)
  5. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

Unfortantely, something just came up and i'm not sure that i'll be able to be present at the time of the race:(
    please change me to a maybe, and sorry for letting you know last minute :)
    i hope to be able to be present next week ;)
  6. sign me up, please...
  7. Sign me up.
  8. Sign me up too maybe :)
  9. sign me up pls
  10. I'm in for this, too.

Sign me up, please.
  11. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Now where is everybody? Only Stepan en Ray are on?

6 signups, and 2 in the server... That does NOT make me a proud man guys....
  12. I might add, if anyone is still interested the race is to begin in 45 minutes; approx 12:00 GMT.
  13. It's a shame that there was just 2 of us to race. Although, I too would not have been here if I had not woke early because I went to bed very early the night before.

I love these cars and, the track is very suitable for them.

However it was a damn shame that I messed it up when it came to calculating the number of laps and the fuel needed.

I had made myself a spread sheet that does a few number crunching things for a race. But, if I input the wrong numbers it is obliged to produce the wrong figures.

The number of race laps are calculated based on the fastest lap time of the fastest driver. The lap time is entered as Seconds meaning the Minutes have to be converted manually. For some stupid reason (Mental laziness) I input 122.3 based on Stepan's time rather than 82.3.

So, I pitted at the calculated mid race of lap 10. Only after pitting did I then notice the error. The 'pit window' said between lap 10 and 21. 21, I thought? How is this when I calculated just 20 laps?

I now have 18 laps to do on the new tyres and I have to come in for extra fuel. I spent the next few laps trying to work out how much I need and then gave up and guessed.

Sorry to make it a no race, Stepan.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.