rF2 Sunday August 16th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Silverstone

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

fantastic evening of LMSeries i was very fun and pleasured to drive this race
fantastic mod i enjoy every moment thank u all who have come congrats to podium

and special thanks to Mr Bram for spend is time preparing this fantastic evening for us thank u:Banane35:

My arms are not moving anymore. :)

Great racing today. First 1.40 went like a dream, no mistakes, no contacts with other cars. Before last stop I had almost one minute lead and I was planning to do only a quick refueling..:no: not so easy. One lap before pitstop I was lapping LMP driver and was slipstreaming his car. At the same time when I started to overtake he decided to pull his car off from my way. He didn't see I was already moved side of his car and that caused a huge crash. My car flew off the track and made a quick stop to a curb. After that it was badly damaged and only thing I could do was to try to finish. Couldn't challence top 2 anymore. After a long 20 minutes I finished 3rd. Things like that just happens sometimes, it's endurance racing. :)

I had only one bigger misunderstanding with lapped cars. I'm quite impressed how well everyone were giving room. I also tried to be patient and it seemed to work. In the end there was more tight situations but it could be seen that people were just tired after 2h racing (including myself).

Was great fun tonight! Thanks all!

Very nice again. 4 out of 4 now. :D

Got a good race, again i got conformation that i am a Endurance racer and not a Sprint racer. I feel very comfortable in long races, the longer the better. :wink2:

Got a hit in the first corner of the first race lap. When the race started there were some people slowing down i think, and because of that i spun because a car touched me. But not really hard just a spun and no touch with the wall. The car that spun me waited for me. :good:. After that alot of laps :D. Hard tyres where really nice and had good grip to the pit window. Was very fun racing with you guys again all are great drivers and know how the race. So really no problems with lapping and backmarking. :good:. Juts i little thing happened. I was behind Nuno in lap 40 and i was lapping him in the fast corner after the second straight and suddenly he braked in the corners, i think i managed to avoid him, but didn't saw him in the rearview mirror, so waited a little bit and then i saw your nametag moving again. Hope you didn't had some damage?
After that drove my laps and ended 10th and 4th in the P2 class i think.

Thanks for racing guys, and thanks Bram for setting it up, i hope we can see you soon on the track with us. :)

O yeah the FF was really low, and i had it on high but i felt almost nothing.

• Daron Hume

That was great. I was in a GT1 Corvette and, aside from just getting a piece of a lap 1 accident in front of me, I think I only had contact with one other car all race, when a P2 punted me. The prototype drivers did very well to be careful and it was just a blast to race with so much happening.

There were a few moments of confusion when both lapper and lappee would try to lift for the other (and at one point I was trying to lap a GT2 while a P2 tried to lap me, which resulted in a couple little moments like that), but those are to be expected occasionally and no one lost their head when it happened.

3rd in GT1. Not Bad should of been 2nd But Mistakes of me and others Cost me but what can you do. :)

Thanks for having my back with the fellow Astons. :rotfl:
Felt very safe in the middle. :D

rfactor2009081700473356.png

This was my third attempt to finish race in here, and I made it :p
Didn`t expect that my computer will work correctly with more then 40 drivers but it did :p
Congratulations everybody who finished the race!

replays cause rfactor to stutter for me so have to have them off.

removed, file an incident report the right way

Had some Really good racing at the start of the of the GT2 race, Myself, Kyle,Tim and Wilfred were battling really hard in before the first stops when it all spread out a bit, at one point i think all 4 of us were within 1 second for a few laps, i'd also like to say sorry to Tim for a little nudge i gave him early on in the race, was completely unintentional as both of you battling made your cornering speed just that much lower.

Really is a pleasure racing here, although some of the LMP's need to have more respect for the Slower GT cars i lost count how many times i had a LMP car follow me into a corner and nearly wipe me out, then when they are battling for position they expect GT cars to be the ones to move out of the way when it is them that has to do the overtaking.

Thanks again to Bram for putting on another great race and all the guys here at Race Department.

LMP2:
P11 in qualy wich was second of my class but 1secs behind Amir :woot2: nice pace there :)

Formationlap OMG Leader was going slow to start finish line not accelerating full out of the last courner and behind was a little gap... because the man infront stuck on the curb so there suddenly was a little gap to the front...
accelerated to close the gap with Ludwig very very close behind me then I saw the leeders was not in full throttle yet and I went off the throttle braked a bit not to crash the man infront of me... BÄÄÄÄÄMMM OMG :woot2:
Ludwig very close behind no time to react crashed into me just a little damage and could continue
so unlucky that...

After the first shock on the start LOL race was going well. Had hard tyres on and full tank. Tryed not to crash, drove carefully and tryed not to push to much. Driving constant is the key on that enduro races :). Very cool with all that cars on track and different classes. All was doing a nice job, respecting blue flags... :) was a lot of turbulence on track lol and some situations was very dangerous :rotfl: lots of fun :)
Tryed to orient my race to Amir wich in the beginning was clear ahead. Then suddenly he stands on the road giving me P1 in the LMP2's.
First pitstop only full fuel and out. Tyres was then in the end of the stint nearly to 0 LOOOL. Second pits with new hard tyres and full fuel. In the end another stop just fuel for last 15mins. Tyres red in finish again :)
In the last 10mins Amir comming close to 15secs behind me... That means pushing for me lol

Overall did 3 mistakes. Always the same.
Concentration went down, arms hurt and :woot2: to early on throttle :damnit: happened 3 times omg :rotfl: Always i'm to early on throttle :poke:

finished on P5 overall and P1 in my class :)

here the stats of the race:

-->Race Results<--

that was a fantastic race.....had lots of fun at the start I was leading P2 and pushing extremely hard until I spun by myself giving up the P2 lead.....then it was a matter of trying to catch plaikner all race....at the end I was pushing on the limit trying to cut that gap but ended up spinning and then just decided to back down....I had 3 incidents which was expected sry to bram I was along side him on the left hander under bridge got together with him....then with dave carr smith got together....finally one of the corvettes changed lines unexpectedly and closed the door not seeing me so I ended up spinning..

overall the race was 10/10 it was great fun

thanks to the organizers. after 2 hours my neck, back was hurting and had no feeling in arms :glasses-nerdy:

A pretty decent race for the crew for the #21 car. Myself and Ric opting to shar the car certainly added an extra element to the race.

The driver swapping itself worked out pretty well. We had a couple of issues in practice but the race itself was fine and we gave it a good test, opting to change over at each pitstop, 4 changes in total. This did give us a slight problem though as the changes can add between 5 and 25 seconds to the pitstops although this time would not have made a difference to our position.

The race itself was pretty good, we had to compromise on setup a bit in order to get something that worked for both of us, eventually opting for a more stable and lower rev limited car but with a fully open turbo. We didn't think we could do it in 3 stops so knowing 4 was on the cards we went for it.

The race itself was good fun, Ric taking the start and staying with the lead group while dicing away. As i took over we settled into a position just inside the top 10 which we held until late in the race when attrition started claiming a few up front.

We had a few spins between us, but to our credit they were all for tangible reasons, either an unusual line due to lapping, a bad hit of a kerb or a distraction in the cockpit (out pit menu kept popping up). We also managed to avoid any crash damage which after the issue we had had in the previous races was a step forward.

Lapping slower cars certainly adds an element to the race both as a concentration element, obstacale to negotiate and tactical issue (Ludwig got past me during a lapping move)

Certainly be interested to see how it goes with other drivers all sharing. Though i think the driver limit could do with being lowered. We had many drivers who's numbers caused problems during the start yet by 1/3rd distance had all DC'd anyway.

Qualif not good even if I did not at all trained on the track.

Course: rubbing his poor start to the 7 th I annoys me a bit, I do a full head chef ... In the second run I concentrate and do my final race for the finish 11 th and 5 th of p2

I was on the server since 6:00 until 7:20 then the game crashed , after some time trying to run the game i decided to reinstall the mod and it finally worked but i could'nt find the server anymore :thunder:
grrrrrrr .... Sorry Bram ... i really tried and still don't know what really happend :silly:

Must apologise to K Parker for nudging him with about 10 minutes to go, was truly jst a lapse in concentration and I hope it didn't drop you down a place.

Overall a fun event (Spa would have been better ;) )and full body ache after 2 hours of spin correction.

the best race i've ever had here at RD!!! start didn't go as well as i hoped for, as i crashed spectacularly in the first corner of lap 4 and lost my rear wing... i had to do the whole lap without it and then spent another minute or so in the pits...

obviously came out of the pits in last position, already a lap down on the leaders... but from then on i had pretty much a faultless race and was slowly moving up the field...

i had an incident with Daron, sorry mate, you tried to let me through in the same moment i tried to overtake you :)

i finished 8th overall and 3rd in my class :) which was an epic achievement after what has happened in the beginning...

congratulations to all finishers and thanks to RD for awesome experience... already looking forward to next event :)

(GT1)

A terrible race for us; Simon had an interesting first stint in the car and handed it over to me in P30 only for me to lose all FFB making the car barely drivable. As a result, I drove a grandad stint and handed the car back to Simon after half an hour who obliged in putting in a bit of a charge.

Unfortunately on the final driver change the FFB went again and despite having softs and a low fuel load on, I couldn't maintain a consistent charge to Ben, some 22 seconds up the road in a GT2 car, though I did sit behind him for a lap or two mid-race just to put him off, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back