1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Sunday 8th November- Skoda Octavia Cup @ Autodrom Most

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ivo Simons, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Octavia Cup
    Mod: Skoda Octavia Cup 3.01

Track: Autodrom Most (Chicaned)
    Event start: 20.00 GMT
    Practice: 30 minutes
    Qualification: 20 Minutes
    Warmup: 10 Minutes
    Race: 28 laps (One mandatory pitstop)

Notes:

1-
    Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. RealFeel FFB PlugIn: Download - Information

3. The Skodas don't have a pit limiter, so you are responsible to stay below the maximum pitlane speed.

4. One mandatory pitstop (minimum of 2 tyres)

Promo:

2. Entry List:

1. Ivo Simons
    2. Tomas Cagas
    3. Doug Dezan
    4. Nigel Atkins
    5. Dave Flower
    6. Sergiusz Radecki
    7. Matija Skalic
    8. Gary Lennon

3. Count me in :)

4. *bump*

I know Skodas aren't very glamorous, but trust me they are brilliant fun :)

5. Still a week away Ryan:)

6. I like these Skoda cars. Sign me up. [​IMG]

7. I am going to do some practice on the track starting now. I was wondering what cars are we using, 2008? or any? (I feel sooooooo like a newbie lol)

8. Where are gonna use all cars. :)
    If you have more questions just ask. :)

9. everyone must be waiting for you to sign up :sheep:

or maybe there waiting for me, you`d better stick me down and see :angel2:

10. LOL - I'm busy Sundays :)

11. Hello people - could I ask to be on the entry list please, this is a definite, unless the Porsche Cup race (Race On) for next Monday gets moved to Sunday evening, in which case I would have to drop out because I am currently in love with them!

I had one of these back in 2002 and have to say they are great fun in real life too - the most fun I had was when Skoda UK gave me a press car for a few days and I proceeded to drive back and forth over the Snake Pass, as in Ladybower - Glossop - Ladybower - Glossop - Ladybower repeatedly, just for fun - until it needed more fuel - then it was back to a petrol station and back to the Snake for more thrashing and fun.. Ahhhh, those were the days... footloose, fancy free, not having to take out a mortgage to fill the tank, and Policemen that were less 'anal' than they seem to be nowadays...

12. sign me in please

13. :woot:I am going to practice, I got my server working now. If you want to practice and have a fun 10 lap race joump on the host. Titled: "Hoegaarden"

14. Count me in :mean:

15. Come on guys these are great cars to drive on a very cool track. :)

16. Server is up. :)

17. ...and empty:)

hmm...I've only managed 1:47:4

What's your lap times drivers?

18. I just gave these a quick try out....zomg!!,they are brilliant!!!,sign me up please Ivo sir.

19. 1.43.1 :)

20. Wow - fantastic! While it lasted!

To Lap 16 - some close racing with Ivo all over my rear bumper for lap after lap until he pitted.

Lap 18 - just thinking about pit settings, fuel, which tyres to change, should I change 2 rears and keep the fronts or get 2 new fronts? Didn't matter as I came onto the start finish straight my wheel suddenly died, nothing, nicht, nada - lights off nobody home... I became a passenger on full throttle in 5th or 6th gear and had to watch my car pile down the main straight up to full speed before hitting something on the right hand side of the track, i can't remember what, H A R D, detaching my front end and one of my front wheels and throwing my now deceased car completley across to the left side of the track. Gutted.......

Pulled the usb, reset the power supply on the wheel, let it recalibrate and it was back... Trouble is my car wasn't! All I could do is sit there change gear, waggle my wheel and honk my horn as everyone else came past!!!

But while it lasted what a race, what a mod, what a track - so much fun - thanks to the few who entered, thanks to RD, especially Ivo, all those who didn't enter you missed a gem of an event - I would definitely recommend trying this mod to anyone - and will definitely be interested in entering any more events with the Skoda's, if there are any planned???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.