1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sum up your 2011 achievements on RD

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ivo Simons, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Follow up on the great idea of Ross here. :)
    This thread is more what did you achieve this season RD. You won a Championship, got a great overall season result.
    You won a race. You improved your consistency etc. What you want. :)
  2. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Huge improvement in raw pace.
  3. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

You improved your consistency etc

Yes Mr.Simons! :D
  4. RDGTC S3. Finished 6th out of 31 drivers. Best result, 2x5th place.

RDTCC S6. Finished 3th out of 30 drivers. Best result, 1 win and 4 podiums.

WTM S2. Finished 6th out of 57 drivers. Best result, 4th place.

RDHGP S7 - Championship winner with 2 wins and 5 podiums.

Overall one of my best simracing years i think. Its gonna be difficult to beat that.
    But my driving is improved again wich is also in the bag.
  5. Thought i give a example. ;)
  6. Well, tbh I think I got worse in almost every aspect:D

Maybe as an achievement I could say 2 top 15 results in WTM S2, and that I constantly improved until the end of the season. And because of that I finished in the top 30.
    And that I found some pace in WTM S3 and got a top 20 result there too at VIR. But that's really nothing compared to my former achiements here on RD.
  7. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I have barely been racing this year, but my greatest achievment was in a club Race, battling with Henrik Horvath and David Zafiu for the lead at Spa in WTCC, I lead the whole race but with 4 corners to go my internet connection went. Kind of summed up my year really ;)

Sadly didn't have time to compete in any leagues, except the Nations GP pre-qually, where I came 6th out of 40 drivers.

But I have improved massively in pace yet again this year, since I joined RD I'm on average about 2/3 seconds faster on every track than I was 3 years ago. Every club race I enter I am in contention to win, but would prefer a great battle for any position along as its clean and fun. I will return to the racing club soon, I promise :D
  8. Pretty much echoing Ross' last paragraph. I'm now a proven race winner and I'm almost always in top 10 contention at the very least.
    I guess my greatest achievements were getting pole at the Watkins Glen round of the American Touring Car Championship and winning the Group 2 World V8 Supercars race at Barbagallo. The latter was hands-down the best online race I have ever had. I managed to hold off Martin Vrba for the win despite coming under heavy fire in the dying stages and nearly losing it at the final corner.

Slightly OT but I also managed to win my first ever drivers' championship, in an Australian iRacing league.

Overall, I didn't quite race as much as I would have liked to (due to school and other personal issues) but when I was, it was by far the best year of my, er... career. :D
  9. Well, having a 4th and a 6th at my first ever PC sim online race... It was here at RD, the Boss 302 Series about 10 months back...

Of course my good results in the WV8S 2011, many Top 10 and two 5th place... My first league, I improved massively by the end of the season ! Championship result not important here as I was forced to miss 3 races, including a double-point enduro race... Aswell as having a CTD at Abu Dhabi, the first race, because someone flashed his headlights...

Then comes 8th place at Spa and 5th at Virginia in the WTM S3, in the Alfa :D

Overall pretty happy, and as said, I improved sooooo much :p
  10. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

I won the Race Department Rally Championshp Rally of Hokkaido by more than a minute and a half, only my second event, beating the established "unbeatable" guys :)

I won every sinlge stage in the Race Department Rally Championship Rally of Wales, beating again the "super-unbeatable" guy

i just joined Race Department, there's more to come for sure :D

Good luck on 2012 everyone
  11. Leading my first ever lap in the 207 Super 2000 Event at Mid Ohio. Also, dramatically improving my pace and managing to have some very good fights with faster drivers in the 207 Races.
  12. Thoughts on my first season of online racing

came from bringing up the rear racing on a laptop with a joypad and stuggling to finnish races to mixing it with the top half of the field and bringing the car home safely more often then not, not just on RD, but also on a Stock car/ Banger league I run on.

Highlights for me have to be, First Pole on RD in a F VEE club race at seven hills (while still on a pad) My first win on RD last week in the GT3's at Autumn ring, even though there were only 4 cars and Winning the Figure 8 world championship in the Banger league.

Next year I hope to get more involved with my racing if work allows, maybe win some more races and maybe a title or two if luck allows
  13. Well, I had my first rally event yesterday.
  14. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

My biggest achievement was getting a G27 and leaving keyboard. But since summer no online racing...
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Joined the Racing Club.
  16. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Got addicted.... To RD, to the racing, and to the community.

Don't know if it's an achievement, but it's what will stay with me in my memories :) 2012 will be a busy year :p
  17. RDGTC S3: 27th out of 32.

WTM S2: 20th out of 57. Best result of 6th.

RDLMS S2: 34th out of 43. Never finished a race.

CES S1: 15th out of 50. Best result of 6th.

WV8S11: 22nd out of 109. Best result of 8th.

RDFPC S5: 2nd out of 29. Best result of 2nd.

18. My first entry into online racing was eye openning, challenging and rewarding..

Had a nervous start in the WV8S 2011 season. With run time errors and work commitments keeping me in S2 for the best part of the season.
    Managed twice to finish 2nd at Oran park & Eastern Creek in server 2.
    Picked up a 7th place finish in the Phillip Island Endurance race which is my No.1 Highlight for the year..
    Made a lot of improvement for a first year guy every race.. Just hoping for more of the same in 2012
  19. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

And this one too!:D
  20. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

Clawing my way into Division 1 on the WV8's and never dropping down again :)