Suggestions

Sorry for the late reply.

I forget what your 1st point was, but regarding the compounds during the race:

The reason we don't allow changing compounds during pitstops is that the rFactor Parc Ferme is a bit limited. Having tested the settings a few years back, we noticed that if we allow changing compounds during pitstops, then drivers could also change the compound before the race (after qualifying).

This would obviously remove any advantage someone might have in Qualifying if they chose to use softer tires than the opposition.

Thanks for the reply Mikko.

My first point was aimed at the protest/appeal process. I just wanted to suggest that when a protest is lodged against a driver that they are asked for their opinion on the matter (in a similar way that current drivers are requested by the stewards). It just keeps the forum clean of arguments that may arise.

The incident reports used to be handled by the drivers posting them in a specific forum thread (before 2009), but we changed to the submission forms partly because of arguments happening in the submissions threads.

In order for the directors to get the accused driver's side of the story, we'd need to go back to this system because otherwise it could take a long time for the director to track down a driver for their comments.

As a side note, we actually moved to this system for this year for the WC, where incident reports (and accused party reports) are posted by team representatives on the TOA forum. I think the reason that it works *knock on wood* is that the TOA forum is restricted only to the team owners/managers. If we were to go back to this system in WS/WT as well, then the reports would need to be made on this forum, which I think would cause the same arguments again.

So in closing, I think the current system will stay in place for the reasons mentioned above.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%