Suggestion Only or is it another Dave Rant...

I know nothing of Racer and arrived at the forum through an entirely unrelated search. As a uneducated (in Racer, some would leave it at Uneducated!) I thought I would kust post a quick suggestion.

First thing I see at the top of stickies is thread on Problems and Fixes - talk about putting new visitors off before theve even got through the door.

I note the description of Racer - 'free very realistic' etc is in tiny words.

I think you can see where I am coming from so won't go on (well not as much as usual anyway!)

Suggestions :

Sticky at the top - HOW TO GET STARTED WITH RACER - with a noob guide to where its at what its about, Required PC| spec etc.

I am sure all the answers are already in the forum somewhere - but I see this countless times on countless forums - everyone involved knows what Racer is and the Uninitiated Noob is left confused and either has to search around to get info (and RD is not the easiest site to search around) or they move on to a more Noob Friendly page..

Please don't take this as negative criticism, its just my initial impression having landed on the Racer forum 10 minutes ago, and is only intended to help with growing your user base.

Good observations.

I'm not sure we have an admin for our forum that is really in to the Racer scene etc. So ordering of content isn't top priority here.

The racer.nl site is much better for a noob to end up at.

We had just started to get a really good structure at RSC then it went down and everything was lost, and now we are here everyone is finding their feet again and the content is just building up a little out of order etc.
Hopefully we'll get some of the long-termers some admin rights to this section who can start tidying/moving/organising things again soon!

Negativity is good when your intention is a better outcome and you show that! (I have Dave rants too ;) )

Thanks

Dave

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 179 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%