Suggestion: make racing slick tires available for all cars in game

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
This is something that does my head in for a longer period of time and I would really welcome this as a game feature. Can all cars have at least the option to run with slick tires?

If so, a whole bunch of (road) cars would be a lot more appealing to those that actually race online. Some cars aren't fun (yes, personal opinion) to race with street or semi-slick tires and having the option to run race slicks with more would make them a lot more appealing to be raced competitively.

They should be available, as the tracks are race tracks, who would race their car on semi-slicks or road tyres?

The majority of lower end race series are on semi-slicks, the vast majority of track cars are on semi slicks. I don't think it's very realistic to force every car onto a slick tyre.

Until we have the option to restrict the tyre's used online, I don't think this a good idea.

The majority of lower end race series are on semi-slicks, the vast majority of track cars are on semi slicks. I don't think it's very realistic to force every car onto a slick tyre.

Until we have the option to restrict the tyre's used online, I don't think this a good idea.
Good points! I would like more freedom for the tires too but I don't want to see how everyone uses the fastest but unrealistic tires...
Would be nice to implement it along with a restriction. Also it would be nice to be able to change the default setup without fixing it. So the newbies get a good base setup for the used track but it's still open to changes. Kind of the same process...

Can't be that hard I hope :)

This is something that does my head in for a longer period of time and I would really welcome this as a game feature. Can all cars have at least the option to run with slick tires?

If so, a whole bunch of (road) cars would be a lot more appealing to those that actually race online. Some cars aren't fun (yes, personal opinion) to race with street or semi-slick tires and having the option to run race slicks with more would make them a lot more appealing to be raced competitively.

Valid point but I'd counter that by saying that the game has plenty of excellent racing cars which we have never ever raced online so far.

We have that option already.
Afaik you can only FIX ONE setting.
So if the car provides softs, mediums and hards for example, you can fix the setup to one of these. But you can't... Wow, while writing that I remember the Tire selection in the advanced tab of the server manager.. :whistling:
Anyway: could we please get this advanced tab for all settings too? :p
upload_2017-8-15_13-52-43.png

We all cry out for realism but use flappy paddles on cars that don't have them.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Who is this 'all' you speak of? I use a stupidly expensive Fanatic H-pattern shifter along with a stupidly expensive Fanatic three pedal set in Manual transmission cars.
----------------------
@Bram you do realize that adding even a single compound of slicks to all the road cars in the game would be extremely time consuming, correct? Surely you don't actually think that it would be a simply copy/paste job. I doubt that @Aristotelis is going to waste spend a few weeks of his time working on something that actually takes away realism from the sim, but good luck with your request.

----------------
If the street cars are too difficult to drive for the average RD Premium member due to lack of grip, why not simply use the Audi TT Cup or Porsche GT4/Maserati GT4 instead?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back