1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Suggestion for Ruud

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by AMGfan(BPM), May 19, 2010.

1. I dont know if it is possible, but i want to suggest one thing.. exhaust smoke, like in gta, when you turn on the car, it appears.. to put in right place, the same way of flares.. with xyz coordenates, emission, color, power.. when you turn on the lights, the flares turn on together. When you turn off, the flares go out. same idea with exhaust smoke. :D

2. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Yeah, like TDU has when you start the engine. I suppose this is just a small detail, so probably not on the top of Ruud's list at the moment.

3. another thing nice is flames boom in exhaust when you change gear, like gta4-5, tdu, gta..

4. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Yeah. That'd be really good on rally cars :D

5. yep..flames and smoke!

6. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Call me a fanboy and I'll probably agree..

7. YEAH, you got my idea.. not at all like this, but racing cars needs fire explosion in the exhaust.

8. yees

9. he said a race car so like this.... :p

10. yeah i mean racing, but htis feature can be used for hard tuned-up cars

11. Particles is definitely something that needs overhualing in Racer.
    Maybe we can spare a nerd to develop a rock-solid particle-system.

It should be, and will be, on the list for future releases!

12. Great to hear Mitch, Take a look at GTA4 for an excellent example of great tire smoke.
    Any idea when we might get a new beta? It's been almost 6 months!

Alex Forbin

13. tire smoke, tire mark in the road (like pickup truck big size with 4 tires in rear - ex:dodge ram 3500 or a truck), exhaust smoke (like gta4), and fire in the exhaust (like gta4 - to simulate anti lag system or hi compression racing engines).

Mitch, if you and ruud want to change default car (lambo murcielago), you have permission to use one of my converted cars, ftw

thanks in advance.

14. Change colors in Racer without Raven, the turn signal (with 3d model), new noise sounds

15. i like the 3d blink idea. Like 18Wos, 3 buttons to be the right signal, left signal and alert (both signal). using button W, E and T.

16. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Yeah, +1 to both.

17. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

Maybe better to put a 'hotkey' section into generic models? That way you can add turn signals, fog lights, etc. on whichever key you want, and Ruud doesn't need to add a new bit for every kind of lights.

I'm thinking maybe something like
    Code:
    switches
    {
      key0
      {
        ; right turn signal
        input=e
        mode=toggle
      }
      key1
      {
        ; four way flashing
        input=t
        mode=toggle
      }
    }
    mode=on/off/toggle
    input= single letters, maybe modifier keys (eg '^g' for ctrl+g) or the named controls (horn, handbrake, clutch, etc)
    If it was like the views ini, you could even have something like
    Code:
      key2
      {
        ; hazard lights on hard braking
        input=brake
        mode=analog
        set_on=0.9
        set_off=0.5
      }

18. I liked the first idea! but the second one is crap. Why? cause is a bit boring to calibrate things in view.ini. To add in car.ini is easier and look better than just a 2d image file in view.ini. May i add one thing on it.. the option to turn on the hi beam headlights.

maybe like it..

and sure, when you turn on hi-beam headlights, the projected lights get brighter and stronger.

19. This again brings me to the conclusion that we NEED a "value_offset" keyword for dials and here in this idea for the hard braking (how would you declare the direction here, as you can't say for sure that 0.9 and 0.5 will especially be hit (comparison needed -> you need to know if it should be less or more than your value)?)

20. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

Yeah, not trying for specifics here, just the idea of putting the same kind of controls on generic models as we have for the views.ini flat elements.

For me the goal when making suggestions is to find something that is both a simple addition, and flexible enough to give content creators lots of options. If the views.ini can be adapted to use actual 3d objects instead of 2d surfaces maybe that's the way to go.