1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion: download times for premium

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Michael Young, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Is it possible for premium members to have increased download speeds for mods etc on RD or is there no bandwith to spare? The cap at the moment is so slow :(
  2. Same here, I use to have great download speeds from RD but my membership ran out so I thought it was throttled back. I renewed my Premium membership but same VERY slow download speeds. Is there a reason for this?
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I am downloading any files over 15mb per second and just tried downloading from server to server and those rates are so fast I couldn't even clock it :)

Are you sure your connection isn't the problem?
  4. Hmm... I work out of my home office daily using two different computers (30MB D/L speeds) but I was only seeing the slowdown with RD downloads (over past couple of weeks). BUT, today all seems back to normal.

5. My good download speeds was short lived...only for a couple days. For the past week the downloads are painfully slow again - 140-160 KBps - 10 minutes for a 97mb file. For the past year, other than the past month or so, I never had a problem with RD downloads.
    I also tried downloading from other sites directly before and after an RD download to test and they consumed my bandwidth - 35 MBps - Microsoft and NoGripRacing sites. Is there a reason for this, are the RD servers busy at 8-9 PM USA Central time (1-2 GMT)?
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Nope, I wish for you that I could say that there is an issue on our side but there isn't. Our server is a beast providing mega fast download speeds to thousands of users. Most files I download within a blink of any eye from various locations.