1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Subsections for downloads?

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Karl Raudsepp, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Hey!

I'm wondering why isn't there subsections for DiRT downloads.

There are quite many different mods already. At the moment it's kind a chaotic out there. Maybe we can have subsections for each car?
    I loved BH Motorsports subsections. Maybe we could see similar thing over here too?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

I'll bring it to our Tech-Teddy :)

Skins
    Graphics
    Misc

or

Skins
    Misc

I don't think we'll split it up much more than into these.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I guess that's better than nothing.

Thanks, looking foward to it :)

4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Yup. Thing is that there ain't much stages, cars or anything like that for this game. The mods consists of skins and some other stuff.
    And to be fair, even if it is slightly more clogged up, it looks better with 2 categories with healthy amount of stuff in them. Than 3 or more, where only one category have much stuff :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Will it be possible in the future to add your own cars / tracks?

The downloads section is indeed cloaking a bit at the moment but honestly I don't really know which split we can make. Not really looking forward going manually through all these files either :)

6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Nope. I really don't think so.
    In theory everything is possible. I just think that the next DiRT game will be arriving to soon for people to bother with figuring it out.

7. I just found this thread as I was wondering about the same thing: subcategories or similar.
    I would be happy to assist in assigning all these downloads to their subcategories. I would suggest:
    - skins/liveries
    - graphics mods
    - audio mods
    - camera mods
    - other

actually it could be thought about defining a standard set of categories that applies to all games.
    - tracks
    - cars
    - skins/liveries
    - audio&graphics
    - gameplay (ffb, cameras?)
    Even if a game has 0 downloads in a category, at least it tells you that.

8. good idea.
    for dirt rally, a split into skins (subdivided by car classes) and "other" would be enough, though.