Cars Subaru Impreza STI 22B 1998 (WIP)

1024x1024 should be enough for inner screen, I'm not pro, but you can make alpha channel out of anything, you just need good base picture and then play with modifiers till it is B/W in correct way.
I took this
Tileable+eroded+scratch+metal+rust+texture+background+03.jpg

made this just now, it should be good as an alpha channel placeholder for some time
NoJH5Es.jpg

As for rimblur getting transparent in some angles - it might be the issue with priority in KSeditor, I have had a lot of head aches with XJ13 rimblurs, a lot.... final one was that it needed toned down map, because it was crazy shiny and reflective, took a while to figure it out.

This is all you need for the internal windscreen reflection (or dirt) dds texture:
INT_windscreen.jpg

Then the ksWindscreen shader takes care of the rest, you can control the opacity of the dirt layer with the alpha channel.

The only "secret" there is to bake the AO of the dashboard to reflect on to the glass, you can use projection mapping or go the cheap way and take a screenshot to do it in photoshop.

This is how that exact texture looks in game:
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_skidpad05_25-5-117-19-50-13.jpg

• Deleted member 223075

More than one year to release a car mod is a bit too long.

Hellooooooo kiddy. I have no right to give my opinion? That's just my opinion. And I personally find that spending more than a year just on a car mod it's long.
Relax man, it was a joke :roflmao: Not stopping you expressing you're opinions at all!

And I don't understand how a mod like this 'can take too long'. Its not like with each passing month it becomes less relevant - its a 20 year old car! It makes no difference to the end user whether it takes 1 month or 24, other than its less likely to be rushed and more likely to be a quality product.

Understand projects like this are hobby's for guys like us, its the creation process that is the fun bit, and with full time jobs it often takes a back seat.

If you personally find that spending a year on a mod is too long, then you personally should ensure that you spend less than that on your own mods. What other people do on their has nothing to do with you. :)

Hellooooooo kiddy. I have no right to give my opinion? That's just my opinion. And I personally find that spending more than a year just on a car mod it's long.
ok, your attitude is very friendly, but only my opinion about yours, it's a free world

Relax man, it was a joke :roflmao: Not stopping you expressing you're opinions at all!

And I don't understand how a mod like this 'can take too long'. Its not like with each passing month it becomes less relevant - its a 20 year old car! It makes no difference to the end user whether it takes 1 month or 24, other than its less likely to be rushed and more likely to be a quality product.

Understand projects like this are hobby's for guys like us, its the creation process that is the fun bit, and with full time jobs it often takes a back seat.

If you personally find that spending a year on a mod is too long, then you personally should ensure that you spend less than that on your own mods. What other people do on their has nothing to do with you. :)

Exactly, and it didn't help that I had zero experience in game modding and only little at low poly modelling when starting this. :D I'm sorry for people who have waited since beginning but that's how long it has taken (and we wouldn't be even this far without getting lucky with the sounds) and progress is still happening, just recently I finally learned to unwrap uvs without getting distortions and jagged lines.

Soo, better delayed than dead. :redface:

There is never any need to apologise to people who are waiting for a free gift ;)

You take as long as you feel is necessary. And enjoy yourself (if that's who you are making it for). I know I do :thumbsup:

I remember the start of this mod in the AC Forum. One of you guys asked me about weight distribution of the wheels and other technical stuff, because i own a similar car (STI V5 RA Limited).
I couldn´t provide the data, because my car was ripped apart in the garage (LHD Conversion) and it still is. So, the mod car will be finished for sure before i got mine out of the garage.:)

Can´t wait for it, thank you guys for all the work!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%