DiRT 4 Stuttering game at 90 FPS...

Had the feeling that the game stutters a bit from time to time for 2—3 weeks. Today I used an FPS—Counter to see if the FPS drop during the game. Lowered the details before and still had stuttering, mainly at Wales and Michigan...
To my own surprise I had FPS rates at constant 80 and sometimes even 110 and more, and still this stuttering...

Nvidia Experience set most details on ultra and I lowered them, guess that‘s why the FPS is so high.
Is it a known issue of the game or is the usage of a TV instead of a PC monitor the problem??

Any opinions are welcome

Hi, for me everything below constant 180 fps stutters (and tears like hell). Even above that I am still annoyed by fluctuating fps numbers.

Yes, I'm a special snowflake with this. :roflmao:

But what I can tell you: friends of mine have a g sync monitor, one has a 144hz monitor, I have a 100hz TV (but only runs at 60 over hdmi) and a standard 60 Hz monitor.

At my TV the tearing isn't as bad as on my monitor, at the 144 Hz monitor it's almost non existent and with gsync the fluctuating fps don't bother me anymore.

So yes, depending on what specs your monitor has, using your TV might result in a completely other experience.

The simple solution is to enable vsync and have a butter smooth image :)
To fight the input lag: put the prerendered frames to 1 (nvidia control panel, in game options, whatever works for you).
For all games other than shooters you won't feel the input lag :)

Hi, for me everything below constant 180 fps stutters (and tears like hell). Even above that I am still annoyed by fluctuating fps numbers.

Yes, I'm a special snowflake with this. :roflmao:

But what I can tell you: friends of mine have a g sync monitor, one has a 144hz monitor, I have a 100hz TV (but only runs at 60 over hdmi) and a standard 60 Hz monitor.

At my TV the tearing isn't as bad as on my monitor, at the 144 Hz monitor it's almost non existent and with gsync the fluctuating fps don't bother me anymore.

So yes, depending on what specs your monitor has, using your TV might result in a completely other experience.

The simple solution is to enable vsync and have a butter smooth image :)
To fight the input lag: put the prerendered frames to 1 (nvidia control panel, in game options, whatever works for you).
For all games other than shooters you won't feel the input lag :)

I'm using a 37" TV with HDMI input. It does 60Hz as you wrote.
Enabling VSync ingame helped me :thumbsup:

funny this comes up here. i only ever had stutter problems the last couple of days and mainly at wales. there was no update or anything, was there? why should two nvidia users have the same problem happening within days while the game has been out for months and has been running very smoothly on my old pc so far. weird.

solid thinking. i fired up the game yesterday night, checked to see if i had vsinc on (i did) and played two enjoyable stages in sweden, completely fluid. it seems to be the sunlight filtering through the trees that is the problem in wales now, where before it was fine. out on the heath, performance is what it was before.

I tried it some weeks now with vsync on and the game started stuttering massively.
Also I recognized that the loading times extended in a huge way...
When I turn vsync off the game & stages load quick again but I again have frame rates above 90 which my Tv can‘t handle...
Shall try MSI afterburner now...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back