Stuttering framerates, even on low settings

Here I am, a few months after my last issue with stuttering framerates (from 90-20). I had it fixed, and now its back to being unplayable. I didn't change anything that I know of. I have tried everything I can find in the forums. I just don't get why this game will not run properly on a machine that can run anything else on full. Why is it that it gets worse when I lower any settings? It is unbelievably frustrating. And yet I keep coming back for more... Well, not today. Ill try again when it hits steam.

What kind of PC specs do you have? It's impossible for people to help if they don't know any details other than the problem you described.

Also try to add a descriptive title to your thread if you are looking for help. Will update that for you now as "done" isn't what triggers people to help.

@Jeans1515
We here at RD already have a solution for most of those problems---->

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...st-w-practically-no-image-quality-loss.97304/

And I have found this via google. Maybe that will solve the problem--->

Quote:

I had stuttering, and overall just mediocre graphics. I set 3D manager to override the application, and turned off the in game controls, via the GSC configurator, to min. Still was not very impressed, and then I checked the .cfg file in game folder. My video ram was =-60, and system ram was =0. So I altered the .cfg file values, and its a major improvement. I have mine changed to -

MasterPlayerFile=
CPURating=4
SystemRAM=4096
VideoRAM=4036
ObjDetail=5
TexDetail=5
VideoGUID=D7B71E3E-5280-11CF-AF57-6F061CC2C435
VideoDriver=0
VideoMode=19
VideoRefresh=3
WindowedMode=0
RunBenchmarks=0
FSAA=0
VSync=0
ShaderLevel=5

Cheers
Drew
- Have FUN out there. -

Last edited:
Why should I have to do this? I will try... maybe, but I have. I have downloaded "fixes" and modified my .cfg's before... all for it all to be undone with another patch. Sorry, I'm not a programmer, I like to play games, not develop them. Should be fixed from Reiza.

Oh no I understand and appreciate it. I'm just tired of doing this. I've done it so many times with this game.

There is no reason why it would switch from non stuttering to stuttering again while the game is not being updated, something has changed. Has your graphics options been modified, video drivers updated or something of that sort? Are you experiencing stutters at specific conditions - such as running with time acceleration, large fields, race starts?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 378 39.6%