F1 2013 Stuttering FPS drops: have you had it? (PC ONLY)

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I would like all on racedepartment to help each other now.
The stuttering problems have been in F1 from CM since 2010, and it's pathetic.
Some people can fix it by making replay.pbf (C:\programdata etc) read only or moved with mklink to another harddrive.

Even though, there are still people, like me, who still gets stuttering even if i have tried EVERYTHING!

So i would like you to post here. Answer these following questions. This is for PC users only!
Have you ever had stuttering?
32 or 64 bit?
Which windows?
Vsync on or off?
Did you fix it? how?
Tried playing with the replay.pbf? In which way?
When does the stuttering occur?
Nvidia or ATI? SLI?
Dual or quad core?
SSD or HDD?

If you have anything that might help, i'll be glad to hear from you! This is a serious problem!
And **** you codemasters... everyone can make mistakes, but "everyone" should acknowledge their problems and post some feedback to the users! It's the users that brings food on your tables...

ME:
Have you ever had stuttering?
32 or 64 bit? = 64
Which windows? = 8.1
Vsync on or off? = tried off, on and adaptive
Did you fix it? how? = no, tried everything
Tried playing with the replay.pbf? In which way? = yes
When does the stuttering occur? = between 1-5 laps
Nvidia or ATI? SLI? = nvidia, no SLI - laptop 650M Geforce GT
Dual or quad core? = i5 Dual
SSD or HDD? = Hybrid

Last edited:
32 or 64 bit? 64
Which windows? 7
Vsync on or off? On
Did you fix it? how? Never had the issue
Tried playing with the replay.pbf? In which way? Nope
When does the stuttering occur? As above
Nvidia or ATI? SLI? GTX570
Dual or quad core? Quad
SSD or HDD? HDD

You:
Have you ever had stuttering? = yes
32 or 64 bit? = 64
Which windows? = 8.1
Vsync on or off? = tried off, on and adaptive
Did you fix it? how? = no, tried everything
Tried playing with the replay.pbf? In which way? = yes
When does the stuttering occur? = between 1-5 laps
Nvidia or ATI? SLI? = nvidia, no SLI - laptop 650M Geforce GT
Dual or quad core? = i5 Dual
SSD or HDD? = Hybrid

Me:
Have you ever had stuttering? Yes (but I can live with it now, it's not that bad since sometimes when it happens, it's when some other background app or service slows down the entire system).
32 or 64 bit? 64.
Which windows? 7 SP1 (Classic UI = No bloated & un-necessarily slow Aero BS).
Vsync on or off? On.
Did you fix it? how? No: Dell XPS L501X Gaming Laptop (+ CM's 60 Hz refreshing-rate limited by their outdated EGO engine while my HW driver can easily handle 120 Hz = Bugmasters' fault).
Tried playing with the replay.pbf? In which way? Yes. Read-only: didn't work.Tried overclocking a bit: didn't work either & don't wanna risk burning-up anything...
When does the stuttering occur? See first answer above, and other than that, when there's a lot of textures to display, like when approaching or along the straight line where the starting grid is.
Nvidia or ATI? SLI? Nvidia GT 435 M (no SLI) GeForce 332.21 WHQL Jan. 7, 2014 [r331_82-6], 2 GB VRAM, 8 GB SYSRAM.
Dual or quad core? i7 Quad.
SSD or HDD? Hybrid.

Last edited:
Have you ever had stuttering? Yes
32 or 64 bit? 64 bit
Which windows? Win 7 Ultimate
Vsync on or off? ON
Did you fix it? how? In my case, stuttering occurs when CPU Temp exceeds 65`c.More temperature, more stuttering.I just open the side panel, blow some air on GPU-CPU and no more stuttering
Tried playing with the replay.pbf? In which way? No
When does the stuttering occur? See above
Nvidia or ATI? SLI?Happened with both.(currently running ATI noSLI)
Dual or quad core? Quad core
SSD or HDD?HDD

Have you ever had stuttering? Oh yeah, and massive pockets of lag.
32 or 64 bit? 64bit
Which windows? Windows 8 (have not upgraded to 8.1 for fear of problems)
Vsync on or off? on/off/in/out all ways and every way.
Did you fix it? how? No fix. Have tried low graphics settings, running offline, running without Security running. I could go on for a very long time with this answer........................................................
Tried playing with the replay.pbf? In which way? I had no idea the replays could affect the gameplay so I have not explored this possible solution.
When does the stuttering occur? Will be stuttery on booting the game but only sometimes not all the time. Online multiplayer is an absolute disaster, stuttering at start followed by at least one massive lag during a race.
Nvidia or ATI? SLI? NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, have been tempted to overclock but not gonna be doing that.
Dual or quad core? Intel Inside i7 3630M 2.4 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
SSD or HDD? HDD

Im looking at your answers and mine and one answer stands out a mile. GeForce GT 650M!

My Graphics Card also runs on Laptop.

Thanks for the advice, I will try this and let you know how it goes. Out of interest have you noticed any difference in your times online? I gave up a league position because of these problems and I always seem to be 3-4 secs off the pace despite correct gears/speeds and clean lap

Me :
Have you ever had stuttering? Yes, sometimes happened but not take a very long time. so it's not a big deal.
32 or 64 bit? = 64bit
Which windows? = Windows 8.1 Pro
Vsync on or off? = on
Did you fix it? how? = no, the graphic setting for me is not a problem. but i notice that when the laptop's temp hit more than 80C (my laptop hibernate when temp hit more than 85C on proc & graphic card), the stuttery FPS occured, so after i realise that, the way i do is give more air to CPU & GPU , and also remove the dust when my laptop is turned off.
Tried playing with the replay.pbf? In which way? = no, is replay file affect the gameplay?
When does the stuttering occur? = around 3-7 sec, when the stuttery FPS occur, first things first i do is pause the game or watch the replay till normal again.
Nvidia or ATI? SLI? = ATI, Radeon HD 7450M
Dual or quad core? = Intel Core i3 Dual
SSD or HDD? = HDD

Do you guys use a wheel, if so and I have only solved my problem by pure accident today and that was make sure you have a F1 2013 profile set up, in my case G27 Logitech Profiler, hope this might help. My problem was the more cars in front of me and certain corners the stuttering would occur.

So it seems to have been fixed for me.
Since i installed windows 7 32bit, instead of windows 8.1 64bit, my problem has gone away.
For some, it might be the replay file, for some it might be 64bit... but my problem is now gone.

I also switched away from windows 8 defender (disabled it completely) and on my windows 7, i installed avast instead of essentials.

Avast seems to work pretty great.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back