F1 2016 Stuttering and freezes since last patch!

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi I trust i am not the only one with this issue i am getting what this guys shows in his youtube vid =
i only have had this since the last 1.7 patch if anyone could share some info on it as its making the game unplayable for me i would really appreciate it. It shows it well about 1.17 into the video.

Thanks

Hi Doug, Feel for you, got same issues myself. Started after last patch also. Specs 6700k @ 4.6ghz 1080gtx oc 16gb ddr4 @3000mhz Win 10 64-bit on a 950 pro Samsung M.2 Game installed on WD Black 2tb HDD. Confident that these specs meet requirements to kick this game in the Butt. Thought I fixed it also About a month ago by removing a hardware monitoring program. Problem returned recently at a Japan Race. Before that was Hungary. Maybe Track specific?? Will need to test those tracks in between. Ive read all the threads & tried everything to no avail. One last thing is to relocate the path of the replay file which resides in C: Drive Appdata. 2Gb file that may be causing issues when writing to the ssd ??

Atse7en, I tried the replay file relocation a bunch of months ago. I actually put in a symbolic link redirecting it to null. Unfortunately, this did not work. I don't remember the details, but I recollect it had to do with the game ALWAYS starting off by recreating the file. It did not check to see if it existed first; it ALWAYS created a c:\users\username\appdata\....

Yes a no go here too. Just tried swapping out displayport 144hz for hdmi 60hz because the problem began around the time of a monitor upgrade. No joy, monitor upgrade also same time as patch 1.7. the freezes were not more often but were longer 1@ 2-3 seconds on hdmi 60hz when all setting at ultra. With display port 144hz I always get 2 hangs when it happens 0.5-1.0 seconds then ok for 2-3 seconds then a 2nd hang of 0.5-1.0 seconds. I am out of possibilities & not confident it will be a fix we can implement.

Ok this issue is totally random. Sessions through the week at USA Practice, quick race & time trial all had massive stutters. League race on Sunday night not one Problem? Thankfully. Practicing for next race in Mexico Stutters.

Hi Doug, Feel for you, got same issues myself. Started after last patch also. Specs 6700k @ 4.6ghz 1080gtx oc 16gb ddr4 @3000mhz Win 10 64-bit on a 950 pro Samsung M.2 Game installed on WD Black 2tb HDD. Confident that these specs meet requirements to kick this game in the Butt. Thought I fixed it also About a month ago by removing a hardware monitoring program. Problem returned recently at a Japan Race. Before that was Hungary. Maybe Track specific?? Will need to test those tracks in between. Ive read all the threads & tried everything to no avail. One last thing is to relocate the path of the replay file which resides in C: Drive Appdata. 2Gb file that may be causing issues when writing to the ssd ??

Thanks for all you comments, i have contacted codemasters again as nothing has been done to put this right , and still they dont seem to wont to repair whats gone wrong!, i feel they should refund me, but no chance of that , its a shame they cant get it back to what it was before the patch 7 but thats it with me buying another f1 game from them, i am just waiting to see if the master (geof crammond) returns to making f1 games. at the moment iam really into Raceroom dtm, wtcc this game really is getting better, they also seem to listen to their customers and get things done.

...these yearly releases of games are really awful for us consumers. they release something unfinished, release a few patches and then they move one for the next series. It's the same with Fifa,PES,NBA2K etc. etc.

The best is to wait until they finished patching the game and then see what bugs still exists and probably it's allready quite a few buck cheaper then aswell ;)

Ok in NVidia control panel set to fixed frame rate & "adaptive" sync (GTX 1080) have had no more stutter/freezes since. Total of 15 hours gameplay on 1.7 patch & 10 hours on 1.8 patch. However since 1.8 patch there are tiny fps drops. How does a tyre mod patch "only" affect fps.....?

One thing I have tried has almost totally eliminated my stuttering. I still get the occasional freezes like everyone else, but stuttering is almost all gone. I do full races and maybe get freezes once or twice per race that last a split second and cause me to drive into a wall. I only get stutter when using a high refresh rate monitor (144hz). I have a 6700K, GTX 1080, and a 1440p 144hz G-sync monitor.

I have G-sync enabled in the NV control panel and also "fast" mode for v-sync. In the game itself I disabled v-sync. For some reason I don't understand, this has removed almost all stutter. It's strange because fast sync shouldn't make any difference unless you exceed your monitor's refresh rate? I never exceed 144 fps. This is the only method that has worked for me. Try it out and see if it helps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back