F1 2016 Stuttering and freezes since last patch!

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi I trust i am not the only one with this issue i am getting what this guys shows in his youtube vid =
i only have had this since the last 1.7 patch if anyone could share some info on it as its making the game unplayable for me i would really appreciate it. It shows it well about 1.17 into the video.

Thanks

I stopped posting on the other thread because it sounded like it was happening to others but no one had a fix for it. I tried the switching to nvidia FXAA and turned off in game AA but the freezing still happened. For me it will happen once in a 50% race. I'm interested in what CM suggested to Doug46. I've had the blur turned to zero from day one, are you/CM suggesting I turn it up to 100%?

I stopped posting on the other thread because it sounded like it was happening to others but no one had a fix for it. I tried the switching to nvidia FXAA and turned off in game AA but the freezing still happened. For me it will happen once in a 50% race. I'm interested in what CM suggested to Doug46. I've had the blur turned to zero from day one, are you/CM suggesting I turn it up to 100%?

No, i tried it and got no freezes at 100% but then tried it again and back they came, i am still going through with codemasters, from running the game in safe mode, doing the cache thing but so far nothing is fixing the issue, i have even deleted the whole game and reinstalled to see if it was some of the mods that caused the issue but no its still there, it really has ruined the game for me, as i said it only started since the last patch for me so maybe they can fix it with another patch! as i cant play it in this sate, ill keep you informed,all the best, trying the next thing codemasters have asked me to do now.

Well reporting back , have tried another suggestion by codemasters who i must admit seem to be really trying to help, hasn't worked though so back to square one again, have replied to them after the last test, i really hope it gets sorted as i feel this was the best f1 game by them yet

Last edited:
try this one

Start the game
hit alt-enter
hit alt-enter again (back to full screen mode)

see if you then have the stutters
hitting alt-enter twice fixed my stutters in the flashback replays - may also fix the other stutter - will also test myself

try this one

Start the game
hit alt-enter
hit alt-enter again (back to full screen mode)

see if you then have the stutters
hitting alt-enter twice fixed my stutters in the flashback replays - may also fix the other stutter - will also test myself

Will try it , i have been on most web sites for this game , and loads are complaining about this issue and loads give things to try , i will try this thanks , but i have tried nearly everything now that makes me think the only way this-is going to be repaired is by a codemasters patch hopefully soon , this has done allot of damage again to the reputation of codemasters making a f1 game , my message to codemasters please patch this quick i ve treid all of your suggestion like many and they dont work so it all points to the last patch as that is when it started doing it for me and many others on so many forums.

I'll post this just because. I am running an AMD RX 480. I found some information today that said to turn the Shader Cache on because setting it to "optimized" (the default) doesn't work. The report said that a flaw in the AMD drivers would turn Shader Cache Off when it's set to "optimized." I set it to "on" and ran a bunch of TTs and a couple of quick races and 60 minutes worth of career practice without a stagger/stutter/freeze, etc. I looked up Shader Cache and found people had success eliminating stutters by turning in "off" on Nvidia cards. At work we constantly seem to find that caching crap causes performance degradation, so who knows?

I find a lot of times that as soon as I do some change, the stutters go away for the first time I run the game afterwards. But on ensuing sessions it will return. So while it worked once for me that doesn't mean it's the solution. But I will keep trying.
I know what you mean, i think now though it has to come from codemasters, they should fix it, i really have lost allot of convidence in their ability to make/maintain a good f1 game , 2016 was good but now its ruined bring back Geof Crammound !

I went back to Race Factor 2 last night because I hadn't driven there since F1 2016 came out. I had forgotten that you can feel the road--that's it's not like driving on a glass surface. And the AI didn't crash into me from behind all the time. It was really refreshing. I like the F1 2016 experience--the career mode and tracks that are consistent and not a mishmash of fan-made efforts with glaring issues. But I may leave and return to RF2. It's just better, I think.

Yes i agree, i quite like Raceroom as i feel the cars feel good Ai not Too bad, and those car sounds are great , i haven't tried race factor might try it some time. I know what you mean about the Ai in f1 , they do take you off allot especially coming from behind , oh well not playing f1 2016 till it gets fixed i have sent codemasters all my results in email so lets see if they take notice, if they dont that will be the last F1 game ill buy from them i think! all the best to you my friend.

Just out of curiosity , what Power mode is your computer set in ? Balanced or High Performance ? I've seen the occasional post on the internet where people who say they are set on Balanced sometimes get a bit of lag in games while their processor ( CPU ) clock speed is fluctuating compared to High Performance when their CPU is set to full on constantly . More people than not say they dont see a difference when gaming between the two modes , and it is a long shot , but I just thought it's something you might want to test to rule out . You can see the difference in CPU clock speeds and limits and thresholds by going into the Advanced Power options of the different power modes . Bear in mind I'm on Windows 8.1 so if youre on a different OS then the power options may be different .

Just out of curiosity , what Power mode is your computer set in ? Balanced or High Performance ? I've seen the occasional post on the internet where people who say they are set on Balanced sometimes get a bit of lag in games while their processor ( CPU ) clock speed is fluctuating compared to High Performance when their CPU is set to full on constantly . More people than not say they dont see a difference when gaming between the two modes , and it is a long shot , but I just thought it's something you might want to test to rule out . You can see the difference in CPU clock speeds and limits and thresholds by going into the Advanced Power options of the different power modes . Bear in mind I'm on Windows 8.1 so if youre on a different OS then the power options may be different .

Hi thanks for that, but i have a freind with the same problem ever since the last patch so ill give it a try but doubt it will work , but thanks for that, i would like to see codemasters trying to get it fixed at the moment we are both playing raceroom and loving it, not going back to f1 till its fixed. all the best

I'm set for high performance (always has been set that way) and I have seen the violent stutters since day one. I run an AMD video card and have seen it on two cards (R9 380 and RX 480). I have plenty of memory (24 ram/8 graphics) and plenty of processor (I7). All drivers up to date.

My W10 pro 64 bit PC specs are as follows,CPU AMD FX6350 6 cores @4.5,RAM 16 Gbs @1600,GPU is ASUS GTX970 STRIX.I play this game on ultra settings and it's butter smooth,no stutters,no tearing @70 FPS average.Because the game runs so good for me and so many others,it's very unlikely that CM will be of any assistance in correcting this issue for those of you with this issue.If the issue lies within the game itself then it would effect everyone.But it doesn't.It seems to me you either need a fresh install of 64 bit windows,32 bit just won't do the job due to RAM usage limitations or your system just can't handle it at the higher settings.I feel sorry for those of you who can't get it to run right because this game is lots of fun.

My W10 pro 64 bit PC specs are as follows,CPU AMD FX6350 6 cores @4.5,RAM 16 Gbs @1600,GPU is ASUS GTX970 STRIX.I play this game on ultra settings and it's butter smooth,no stutters,no tearing @70 FPS average.Because the game runs so good for me and so many others,it's very unlikely that CM will be of any assistance in correcting this issue for those of you with this issue.If the issue lies within the game itself then it would effect everyone.But it doesn't.It seems to me you either need a fresh install of 64 bit windows,32 bit just won't do the job due to RAM usage limitations or your system just can't handle it at the higher settings.I feel sorry for those of you who can't get it to run right because this game is lots of fun.
Thanks for your reply your very lucky since ive only had this issue since the patch , all my other games run perfect! i have been discussing this issue on many different forums as well , and believe me their are loads who have the same issue since the patch, Thanks for your news on the game glad your working fine. I am still working things through with codemasters though , you never know i might get it to run as it did.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years