F1 2016 Stuttering and freezes since last patch!

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi I trust i am not the only one with this issue i am getting what this guys shows in his youtube vid =
i only have had this since the last 1.7 patch if anyone could share some info on it as its making the game unplayable for me i would really appreciate it. It shows it well about 1.17 into the video.

Thanks

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/freezing-stutter-on-pc.126850/#post-2319667 See this thread in general and I posted in that thread about switching from the game's anti-aliasing to Nvidias FXAA anti-aliasing . They never went any further with that thread so hopefully things improved for him . You seem to only have stutter very infrequently . To be honest Ive noticed far more frequent stutter ( although not as bad as when the stutter does manage to hit you ) on Codemaster's own videos prior to Grand Prixs . On their videos they seem to have some pretty regular stutter which is pretty ridiculous considering the company themselves should show the game at their best and with the fortune they'll make they should be able to muster up a monster PC between them .

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/freezing-stutter-on-pc.126850/#post-2319667 See this thread in general and I posted in that thread about switching from the game's anti-aliasing to Nvidias FXAA anti-aliasing . They never went any further with that thread so hopefully things improved for him . You seem to only have stutter very infrequently . To be honest Ive noticed far more frequent stutter ( although not as bad as when the stutter does manage to hit you ) on Codemaster's own videos prior to Grand Prixs . On their videos they seem to have some pretty regular stutter which is pretty ridiculous considering the company themselves should show the game at their best and with the fortune they'll make they should be able to muster up a monster PC between them .

Thanks bruce for taking the time to reply, i get the stuttering at least two times in a 25% distance race , i am talking to john and Rob at codemasters regarding it now and really hope something will be done, as i said i have only noticed it since the last patch!, ill keep you informed ,all the best

Thanks bruce for taking the time to reply, i get the stuttering at least two times in a 25% distance race , i am talking to john and Rob at codemasters regarding it now and really hope something will be done, as i said i have only noticed it since the last patch!, ill keep you informed ,all the best

Hi i have just treid turning off the in game antiliasing and i am still getting the stuttering(freezes) so that doesnt work for me , ill report back if i get it fixed , however iam waiting for codemasters to get back to me.

Yeah your game seems to run fine apart from those 2 bad pauses . I dont really think its stuttering for you really , more like freezing at certain points . If you watch Codemasters own videos you'll see stuttering and the stuttering is more like micro-pauses . Have you tried it on a different length race on the same track ? Or different conditions on the same track ? I'm gaming in a bit and I have the same graphics card as you but a bigger resolution so in theory if its a resource thing I should get the problem even worse . I'll try a 25% wet race in Australia ( thats the track it looks like in your video ) and see if I get anything similar .

Just done a 25% wet race in Australia . No pauses or stutter during entire race . Most settings on high , but I have crowd on Low . 2560 resolution . FXAA on in my NVidia settings . In game AA off . Finished 13th in race so mid pack . So I dont know what else to tell you really . My processor is an I7-4790 so whether the processor has any bearing on the problem I dont know . Sorry .

Yeah your game seems to run fine apart from those 2 bad pauses . I dont really think its stuttering for you really , more like freezing at certain points . If you watch Codemasters own videos you'll see stuttering and the stuttering is more like micro-pauses . Have you tried it on a different length race on the same track ? Or different conditions on the same track ? I'm gaming in a bit and I have the same graphics card as you but a bigger resolution so in theory if its a resource thing I should get the problem even worse . I'll try a 25% wet race in Australia ( thats the track it looks like in your video ) and see if I get anything similar .
Thats not my game its a person i saw on you tube with the same issue as me ,

Oh right , sorry . Still didn't have any issue during the race though so hard to say what's causing it really .
yes its frustrating as i was really liking this f1 2016, its only happened to me since the last patch! i am on windows 10 i have most things on ultra which ive always had with no issues, i am guessing its the latest patch as i also had a windows update around the same time, but i have been seeing many people with the same issue on steam and codemasters own site, really appreciate your help , i hope to get to the bottom of it soon

I'm on Windows 8.1 so whether that makes any difference . I also have file indexing turned off as I rarely use the search feature on my computer to save a bit of wear and tear on my hard drive . I have the operating system on a SSD but have my games on the hard drive . All these details are probably useless and have no bearing but I guess if it helps in some form to find some common denominator for the problem then it might be a bit of help .

I'm on Windows 8.1 so whether that makes any difference . I also have file indexing turned off as I rarely use the search feature on my computer to save a bit of wear and tear on my hard drive . I have the operating system on a SSD but have my games on the hard drive . All these details are probably useless and have no bearing but I guess if it helps in some form to find some common denominator for the problem then it might be a bit of help .
Bruce also around the patch time i took the blurring thing down to 50% ive just done 1 race and put it back to 100% where it use to be and guess what no stuttering/freezes , ill try it again tomorrow, ireally cant see it being this , but who knows, speak soon, all the best

I am running on an AMD Rx 480 with 8gb of memory. I7 4770, 24GB memory. I had it when I was running an AMD r9 380. I've tried lots of things that never seem to work. It might be better the first couple of sessions after I make some change but then it always comes back. It's something I think I'm going to have to live with. Sometimes I think I see what people call "micro stutters." But I'm talking about where the game freezes and then suddenly jerks ahead several hundred miles down the track.

I am running on an AMD Rx 480 with 8gb of memory. I7 4770, 24GB memory. I had it when I was running an AMD r9 380. I've tried lots of things that never seem to work. It might be better the first couple of sessions after I make some change but then it always comes back. It's something I think I'm going to have to live with. Sometimes I think I see what people call "micro stutters." But I'm talking about where the game freezes and then suddenly jerks ahead several hundred miles down the track.

Yes that's what i get , i have just had a reply from codemasters today and will try what they say for me to do , once i have sorted it i will come back and let you know

all the best

Bruce also around the patch time i took the blurring thing down to 50% ive just done 1 race and put it back to 100% where it use to be and guess what no stuttering/freezes , ill try it again tomorrow, ireally cant see it being this , but who knows, speak soon, all the best[/QUOTENo Its back, this freeze/stuttering things going to break the game for me!

I have this issue, once and always once every session. Sometimes I get lucky and get it on a straight and sometimes I have to do a flashback because it happened on a corner and made me go off. I have a Nvidia GTX 970 with an i7-6700k quad-core processor, (I think).

I have this issue, once and always once every session. Sometimes I get lucky and get it on a straight and sometimes I have to do a flashback because it happened on a corner and made me go off. I have a Nvidia GTX 970 with an i7-6700k quad-core processor, (I think).
Yes i have the same graffic card , i have tried the first thing codemasters said but still getting the freezes/stuttering, cant play a decent game when its like this as twice in one race it did it coming into a corner, real pain , going back to r3 for a while.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back