Stupid question on skins...

Ok, here's the deal: I'd need to write a very simple tutorial for our closed league members on how to change the color of the car with free tools, e.g. Paint.net -> just to change the base color of an existing skin, nothing fancy. Just a simple way to make cars stand out in the race.

Unfortunately, after a few hours, I still cannot make my skins work at all :( I've read the tutorials many times and there should not be any reason, why the skins don't work (usually just a white car...). I have no spaces in the filenames/directory names etc., but nothing. It could be the dds settings, but I've also used settings that work with other modders.

Could someone tell me the "shortest route" just to change the base color of a car with Paint.net? I'd really appreciate it :) Unfortunately I cannot use Photoshop.

Thanks!

Which car? Did you take a look at the templates (for official cars located in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\dev\skin_templates)?

Yes, I tried to paint for example the BMW M3 E30 Gr.A DTM and used exactly the psd-file in the directory mentioned above.

For all but a couple of cars the metal_detail.dds file determines the color. Open the folder for one of your skins and show a screenshot of the files inside so that we will have a better understanding of how to help you.

Ok, will do as soon as I get home from work.

Thanks guys for the help already :)

Ok, sorry for the delay...

Here's the contents of an example original skin for BMW M3 E30 Dtm as an attachment. I hope I understood your request correctly :)

Attachments

• skin_problem2.png
    skin_problem2.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 177

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back