Resource icon

Cameras Stunning / True to Life Cockpit 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nah, that's really not a driver's view. In terms of vids showing the correct height etc, the Kubica one is the closest (only slightly off to the side). You can see that it is at eye level by the positioning relative to the visor when he pulls it down. Here:

Chris Stacey's "drivers eye cockpit cameras" are easily the closest to that on here imo.
Chris Stacey's "drivers eye cockpit cameras" is what i suggested in first place its got the perfect height and if you will see redbull lap video's cockpit view and Chris Stacey's "drivers eye cockpit cameras" of redbull cam it is very much similar.;)

hazy updated Life Like - Real Helmet Camera Mod. with a new update entry:

Backup you files, extract "F1 2013 Cockpit Cam Mod" to your F1 2013 installation folder.

Positions, positions and again positions. They are a pain in the ... aren't they ? :)

As you guys know I took a bit different approach to this mind banding matter.

I'm pretty sure that CM got all the 3D - rigging, modeling, etc correct because it would be easy to spot if they didn't.

So I decided to take the visor literally as a reference to where the drivers eyes are and where the camera should be.

Here you can see that the camera is always in the middle of the visor and that doesn't change from car to car. I like it, allows to see how the positions actually change from car to car. Obviously this is strictly my opinion but I can't see how anyone could argue with it.

2uh6435.jpg

Pics and new video later.

Can u make a camera mod like the visor view mod ? View attachment 44830

I wish ;)

Is it possible to enable DRS/KERS HUD in this cockpit mod ?? Thanks first :whistling:

Don't know, I'm not using the HUD.

Last edited:
Hey I love this mod, but I already have a T-cam mod, can you tell me how can I combine these two mods?

Sure. First you'll need the RBC - Ryder BXML Convertor

http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ccount/click.php?id=23

use this to convert the T-cam mod files to xml files, you can skip this if those file are already converted.

Next I would recommend Notepad++

http://download.tuxfamily.org/notepadplus/6.5.1/npp.6.5.1.Installer.exe

Download it, install and open one of the camera.xml file in my mod with it.

In Notepad++ press Ctrl + F for search and search for "head" include the quotation marks

It should find this

<View type="Head" ident="head-cam" reverseCamera="head-cam_reverse" hidden="false".....

copy everything from <View type="Head"... down to the next </View> in Head cam section.

You should end up with something like

<View type="Head" ident="head-cam"....
<Parameter name="renderP.....
</View>

You can see the sections begin with <View... and end with </View> - / this closes the section

Now go to one of the T-cam mod files of course make sure to open files from the same folder like c15 and c15 in both mods.

Next do the search again, select everything from <View.. to </View> and paste the stuff you just copied from my mod.

Hope it makes sense ;)

Last edited:
Sure. First you'll need the RBC - Ryder BXML Convertor

http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ccount/click.php?id=23

use this to convert the T-cam mod files to xml files, you can skip this if those file are already converted.

Next I would recommend Notepad++

http://download.tuxfamily.org/notepadplus/6.5.1/npp.6.5.1.Installer.exe

Download it, install and open one of the camera.xml file in my mod with it.

In Notepad++ press Ctrl + F for search and search for "head" include the quotation marks

It should find this

<View type="Head" ident="head-cam" reverseCamera="head-cam_reverse" hidden="false".....

copy everything from <View type="Head"... down to the next </View> in Head cam section.

You should end up with something like

<View type="Head" ident="head-cam"....
<Parameter name="renderP.....
</View>

You can see the sections begin with <View... and end with </View> - / this closes the section

Now go to one of the T-cam mod files of course make sure to open files from the same folder like c15 and c15 in both mods.

Next do the search again, select everything from <View.. to </View> and paste the stuff you just copied from my mod.

Hope it makes sense ;)
Thank you very much! it was really usefull! ;) Now I´m going to enjoy this fantastic mod :p

In this Redbull video from 0.54 - 1.02 it shows some recreated representation of the driver's view.

That is a typical arcade game fish eye view and completely unrealistic. UV316 is absolutely right.

All you guys like this game so much, you really need to learn what the term Field of View or FOV means.

Basically consider the frame of your monitor (whatever size) a cardboard cutout.

Imagine you are sitting in a real F1 car and place that cutout on the nose of the (real) F1 car you would be sitting in at the distance your monitor is to you. (make sure the horizon is aligned with playseat if you have one, etc)

Now what you would see out of that cardboard cutout sitting on the nose of a real F1 car that you're sitting in is what you should see in your monitor.

I.e. your arms should not be 12 ft long with the front wheels in the middle of the screen and the steering wheel the size of a postcard.

When you learn to drive this (real) setup, something strange happens, your connection to the sim becomes better and you can lap a lot faster than using a videogame FOV. I never understood why but I think it becomes more natural when you get used to it.

First of all im not a SIMMER i dont a sim rig , triple screen and all that important stuff call me ARCADER or whatever pleases :thumbsup: the title said
Life Like - Real Helmet Camera Mod. It did not mention REAL SIMMER OR AN ARCADER.Being an ARCADER i liked it and suggested some things which would be good and it was just the HEIGHT. And im not even using this mod anymore just got tired of this unnecessary argument.From now on i wont even suggest nothing on here :cool:.If the suggestion is bothering too much i will remove it :D.I see the alert and i think must be some update on the Mod but i find out its that same redbull video camera debate ;) im just getting out of this.AND YES I KNOW YOU SIM RACER GUYS TAKE YOUR RACING VERY SERIOUSLY AND I RESPECT THAT:cool:.Bye !!

Backup you files and extract "F1 2013 Cockpit Cam Mod" to your F1 2013 installation folder

Just a question, why did you tell me to download the Ryder BXML Convertor? I didn´t need it.

Because some people like to convert their mods back to bxml.

gold333 I really don't know why are you still going on about it here, this mod already has a reasonably low FOV. And it's not like you just pop in a very low FOV and voila, you got the perfect view. It all comes down to your display size and how far away from it do you sit.
Even if you in some magic way will get the FOV, screen size and distance just right to have a 1:1 perspective at home then there's still a limit on how low can you go with the FOV when having just one display because if you get it too low then at some point you will end up with all of the corners outside your view cause one screen is just not enough for a 1:1 FOV. And to be 100% accurate I can tell you that the Red Bull video above my as well be correct if the person watching it is using a projector with a huge screen close to his face.

BTW I just love the "cardboard cutout" idea but I see one big problem in that logic -
how many time did you actually hear about a simmer at a race, going to the pit crew with a cardboard cutout asking if he can sit in one of the cars for a minute ? :roflmao:

Back to the mod. I'm glad to announce that I finally figured out how to control all the forces that produce the camera shakes. Before, the cars felt very remote to me, like they ware in a totally different race then I was and shaking at the speed of sound. Not anymore, cars now feel very natural and attached to the driver. All the shakes that the car receives are now transferred to the driver making you feel like a part of the car. But don't worry, they don't shake like crazy anymore + I've reduced the camera shakes even more to suit everyone. I also improved the perspective a bit - the default FOV to camera position ratio was a bit off IMO, slightly higher FOV + a bit closer cam position did the trick.

Overall this mod just got much more civilized, everything is smoother and easier on the eyes.
I used to hate the new F1's in this game for being boring compared to the 80's cars but I've managed to balance then and now I actually like them equally. Just try it guys.

And ratedxr, your not bothering anyone. Stay, enjoy and give suggestions :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Backup you files and extract "F1 2013 Cockpit Cam Mod" to your F1 2013 installation folder

BTW I just love the "cardboard cutout" idea but I see one big problem in that logic -
how many time did you actually hear about a simmer at a race, going to the pit crew with a cardboard cutout asking if he can sit in one of the cars for a minute ? :roflmao:

The cutout principle is not my idea, it is how any simulator is built (of which I have built several).

Your problem with the idea means you have never built a real simulator before and not understood the principle. The cutout principle is the golden rule of setting up the viewing devices for real drivers. Of course you don't need access to a real F1 car to know (somewhat) that the view out of the cutout would not feature super long arms and a tiny steering wheel.

But seeing as you mock me I wont post in your thread anymore and wish you all the best.

Oh come on, what's there not to understand ? It's just that you keep posting it over and over again. I'm just saying that 1:1 view has it's requirements and not everyone can meet them. Did you actually try the mod ? I've got a 24 display and if I select a car where the driver sits pretty close to the wheel (you know that the positions in my mod are based on the position of the helmet right ?) and I put my hand to the screen then it almost lines up so from my pov this mod is really close to the real deal.

I didn't mean to mock you, well maybe "just a little bit" so sorry if it came out like that, feel free to post more but not the same stuff :thumbsup:

The cutout principle is not my idea, it is how any simulator is built (of which I have built several).

Your problem with the idea means you have never built a real simulator before and not understood the principle. The cutout principle is the golden rule of setting up the viewing devices for real drivers. Of course you don't need access to a real F1 car to know (somewhat) that the view out of the cutout would not feature super long arms and a tiny steering wheel.

But seeing as you mock me I wont post in your thread anymore and wish you all the best.

You are totally missing the reality of things here. A sim is played on a single screen, for most of us. If you want to see all the things that a real driver is able to see by just moving his eyes left or right, you need to up your FOV.

Also, sitting so far down in the car is much easier to be aware of where the track limits are in real world 3d than on a 2D screen.

Now, you may not like this, but for others, your opinion is irrelevant, as they do what they need to do to be able to play games on PC. That is the very reason games like rFactor has in-game seat and FOV adjustments.

So, perhaps make your own mod if you don't like the good work of these modders here. This is not reality - in fact, this game is not even a sim.

this cam is prime. i definitely get a feeling im actually in the car driving as compared to other cams

You are totally right Sir :D

I personally adjust the camera move closer to the wheel & a bit lower as well after apply this mod to suit my taste.

Well, then you're messing up all my hard work ;)
On second thought, you're not if you're changing all cars by the same amount.

oieqvc.jpg

Last edited:
Well, then you're messing up all my hard work ;)
On second thought, you're not if you're changing all cars by the same amount.
Currently i using Lotus doing some testing & after that i will start my career driving Marussia so i only change the FOV / Y / Z value for this 2 cars.

If i post any video in the future with this mod i will mention i using "The Real Deal Cockpit Cam" mod by you with my own modified FOV / Y / Z value.

If i post any video in the future with this mod i will mention i using "The Real Deal Cockpit Cam" mod by you with my own modified FOV / Y / Z value.

You can name your videos as you like, it's just that I did spend quite a lot of time getting the cameras as accurate as possible and you're like "I think I'll move it a bit forward and maybe down" hard to explain what I actually mean so never mind :O_o::)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 363 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%