Stuck on build 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hey,

I am stuck on build 90 and wish to update and check out the Formula 2 cars. However I have missed some updates in between. How do I proceed from here as I am completely lost how to update this game.

Why is there an auto updater function in the launcher when they never use it?

I believe the auto update will be available only when the game goes gold.... Not sure why.
Also not sure what the motivation is to remove all previous updates from the download thread @ ISI.

Anyway, I still have to upload another update, so I will upload these as well. Will do so tonight when I get home (was home to late yesterday to upload them).

James, last time I re-installed build 107 and it took me around 10 minutes with no hassles at all :) A clean install is always the best IMHO
Well, it's not completely true Stefan.

When doing a full install, you want certain settings to be copied as well. At this moment,the safest thing to do is set everything again after installing. Copying profile is not a good thing to do, as a lot changes in the config and ini files as well with each update.

When you have a G27 for instance, you have certain settings you need to change so the wheel operates in a good way. Doing a reinstall makes you have to set those changes again.
Fact is also that it takes a lot longer, as you need to reinstall all mods as well. An update is much quicker.

So, in short.

If you have NO changes in config, and use pure default settings, you can do a safe reinstall.

If you have customized some settings, I stongly advise you to update instead of reinstall. Just to make sure you are not loosing a certain setting. It's quick, safe and easy.

When you have missed a lot of updates, reinstalling might be a good option. But in this case, with only 2 or 3 updates missing, I would choose to update.

{edit}
I shall upload all updates from build 49 till the latest version later today in the Downloads section. Will keep that up to date with all future updates as well.

Ok, it seems I can't upload the files to RD, so I had to do it to Gamefront.

Original installer, build 45 -> Click here

Manual update Build 45 to 60 -> Click here
Manual update Build 60 - 68 -> Click here
Manual update Build 68 - 69 -> Click here
Manual update Build 69 - 85 -> Click here
Manual update Build 85 - 90 -> Click here
Manual update Build 90 - 101 -> Click here
Manual update Build 101 - 107 -> Click here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing