Stuck in creation of track (RTB, AutoCAD & 3Ds Max) - Help needed

STOP: If you practice Race Track Builder, AutoCAD and 3ds max , please continue reading.

I don't know exactly if this is the right section of the forum to ask for advice to my problem. If not, please move it to the proper area.

So here goes.

I'm really stuck in my Accetto Corsa track project, and I don't know how to move forward. I need all the help I can get.

I'm currently building a track in Race Track Builder, and I'm at the point where I want to put in some buildings, in this case a large segment of a major city. Now, as a guy who like to use tools to get the best results, my first step was to use some point cloud files from a LIDAR scan of the city, and hope to convert those into solid objects. That made me look into other solutions, because it was not as easy as I was hoping for. I got some edgy-looking buildings,...it was not pretty. So my next step was to use AutoCAD files of the city, and that's where I am now.

The problem is, when I try to import the DWG files into 3ds max, all I get is black models...
(For now, I'm not thinking about getting textures on the buildings. That's for later.)
...and if I want to import them into Sketchup as well, they won't show up. That may be because there's a lot of buildings in the files and is too large to be shown in the viewport. Also, I've tried to change the materials to white and giving them an ID number in 3ds max, but still no luck. Now when I think of it, the size issue may also be the problem when I try to load it into race track builder. What do you think?

So, how do I go from a autocad file to a ready-for-xpacker-file? I could just make the buildings myself in Sketchup and export them one by one, but that is pretty time consuming, considering creating a large part of a city. Maybe I'm just being lazy ;)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 74 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.2%
  • €3001-5000