1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

struggling on race day!

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Danny Witts, Apr 9, 2013.

1. im in my 4th season on career...im in Mercedes who won the constructors last year and in quali I can do alright with the lap times but in race im 2 seconds a lap slower than the leaders which my team mate is fighting for the win I feel im pushing to the best I can. any help would be nice

2. Are you not braking slightly earlier (due to the extra fuel weight)?
    Or
    are your tyres completely shot after too many qualy laps?

I cant think of any other reason why it would make you slower :S

What assists are you using?

3. Could be a tyre issue. I know doing a hot lap takes at 10% or so out of the softs, so the wear quicker, slowing you down. Also, you need to alter your driving style to suit the heavier car. Other than that, I can' think of anything.

4. Actually, I brake later on the start of a 100% race. Usually.

As for thread starter, Mercedes has the biggest tyre wear of all cars. Maybe that makes you problems. You won't really save the tyres much with driving style, if u don't drive horribly wrong. So you need to adjust yourself and your setup for heavier car. Mind that with a heavy car, trail braking is a lot more effective. And also mind that for sharper turns = braking only with straight wheel. No trail braking there.

Also, I see a lot of people overpushing. Don't try to go above the limit of the car. If you outbrake yourself and lose time, just brake 5m earlier.

I don't know what else to say. I think you can find your mistakes by yourself if you look into the way you drive. That's the best way to improve. :p

5. thanks for the response guys changed me driving style and seems to be working still not fighting for wins but im now fighting for podiums so cheers :)

6. for me its the other way...struggling in qualify and fast in race :p

7. Hehe guess someone has to be different :p