1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Street tires

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Glaurung, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Street tires: usually do you mount it when driving road cars?
    I do.
    It's a very hard challenge push to the limit a "normal" car with "normal" tires.
    Mastering the management of these tires is also quite hard, because they are prone to overheat quite easy with esuberant cars like SLS AMG.
    To use semi-slick tires with street cars for me sounds like cheating :laugh:

2. People may use track day tyres/semi slicks tyres when doing just that, taking their street car for track driving. Is not cheating, you are pushing the car on a race track in the way you wouldn't drive or need to drive in city streets.

But this is a game we're playing, even though a sim game, but you can use whatever options you like and the game offers at the moment.

3. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

Those street tyres are the same from an 500ss and the Mercedes, so they are not properly scaled to match their respective real life compounds. And semislicks are still road legal, so I guess they are supposed to perform like the sports car tyres.

4. Stelios

Stelios
    Premium Member

I call bullshit on that :D ... with all due respect :)

[​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. As i understand semi-slicks are suppoused to be an extreme tire that's an option on the car, I.E. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires or Pirelli Pzero Trofeo.