Street cars... How to get them driving fast?

Hi. I am very fast with all race cars I drove so far in any sim, but now we are talking about AC. Not extremly fast like for example Morgan Morand, but not much behind. My times are mostly in top 15 on rsr and some of them are even better. I did poleman, german contract and so on. But... street cars, 458 italia and mp4 12c to be specific... I struggle with them very much. They are understeery on turn in, oversteery on exit. Right now I can barely make a mid 1,55 with 458 on Imola (maybe I could make a 1,54 but rsr app does not allow to get on green thingy with 4 wheels and AC does, and my best time on v0,3 was mid 1,54), and high 2,18 on silverstone with mp4. I couldn't find the secret to drive them very fast. I am always in some 30ish places. From youtube videos I've seen I noticed that I brake like 20-30m sooner then fast gyus, but I really can't brake later. It is just impossible. Do you have some adivce/tricks on how to drive this bloody bastards?

Being fast is good, compliments! :).
But remember, if you don't understand why you're fast, it can become quite useless
Ok here is my 1st AC video - Assetto Corsa - BMW Z4 E89 ♦ Magione ♦ 1:27.040
I always thought the moves that i make from 1:20 for the last 3 turns is call powerslide, so its not ?? Then whats that call ?? Also are those move really slower cause if i dont do that i actually even slower.
[medio]5809[/medio]
Thanks for your time :coffee:

I always thought the moves that i make from 1:20 for the last 3 turns is call powerslide, so its not ?? Then whats that call ?? Also are those move really slower cause if i dont do that i actually even slower.
[medio]5809[/medio]

Wow, thanks for that video. I see you NEVER dropped to 2nd gear, not even in the tightest turns. That's probably why I am stuck on 1.29.192, then... :redface:

I don't understand how you can drive with lock view to horizon, though... I thought everybody turned that off right away.

I feel you about the 458 and the understeer. I spent the last few days driving exclusively the Formula Abarth and now decided to have a go at Imola with the 458 and oh my God, lord of all the understeer it was just a joke. Felt like ice skating and not fun at all :notworthy: I did only one good lap basically (2:01:952). All the other laps were just understeering off track. I am sure if would keep on practicing, I will get used to it but it's just not fun driving. So at this point, I like driving the race cars but I am very slow. The road cars - not fun and even slower...ehh good to be me :p

Wow, thanks for that video. I see you NEVER dropped to 2nd gear, not even in the tightest turns. That's probably why I am stuck on 1.29.192, then... :redface:

I don't understand how you can drive with lock view to horizon, though... I thought everybody turned that off right away.
1st I do drop to 2nd gear alot but never 1st gear. 2nd i totally dont know whats that "lock view to horizon" is for, so i should uncheck it ??

[medio]5809[/medio]
The back never steps out on that lap, how would you think you powerslide at all ? Powersliding is as the name implies, you make the back step out in a drift when you apply power. All you did there was taking the corners normally really.

1st I do drop to 2nd gear alot but never 1st gear. 2nd i totally dont know whats that "lock view to horizon" is for, so i should uncheck it ??

Yeah, watched it again and I don't know where I got the idea from you never dropped to 2nd... Must have been that first day back to work, or something, or I mistook the lap number for the gear, somehow. :roflmao: Because of work, I didn't have the sound up, and must have missed the shifts. It'll still help me, though, as you clearly carry more speed into a number of corners than I do...

With "lock to horizon" checked, your horizon/outside view stays stable, while the car bounces around. Since I am supposedly in the car, I find that very unsettling, so I untick it - which means the outside view moves, rather than the car.

It'll still help me, though, as you clearly carry more speed into a number of corners than I do...

With "lock to horizon" checked, your horizon/outside view stays stable, while the car bounces around. Since I am supposedly in the car, I find that very unsettling, so I untick it - which means the outside view moves, rather than the car.
In case you like to know i do alter the car setup abit. Tyre - semislicks / fuel 8 laps / front 33psi rear 34psi.
Ok i try untick the "lock to horizon" & see how it goes :thumbsup:

In case you like to know i do alter the car setup abit. Tyre - semislicks / fuel 8 laps / front 33psi rear 34psi.

semi-slicks? I thought only the S1 had the semi-slicks option? I didn't think the Z4 base model had anything other than street. On the tire pressure: I've been running with 32 psi. I tend to go with a bit soft. Maybe need to up it a bit, then - though looking at the video, it just looks like you're faster, period, in certain sections, so it's probably simply my driving that holds me back. ;)

There's been improvement, though. I am now at 1:29:2 for the base, and 1:27:2 for the S1 (about the same 2 sec difference that everybody seems to have between the two). Still not great, but remember, I started at 1:35. :O_o: I am guessing there's one second between turn 3-5 and another second in the final section. I suck at chicanes/tight corners following each other. Same with those double chicanes in the beginning of Mugello.

semi-slicks? I thought only the S1 had the semi-slicks option? I didn't think the Z4 base model had anything other than street.
Yeah sorry its street tire, i mess it up abit with the S1, my bad :p I not sure if much lower tire pressure will help in faster lap time but will have a try later.
I post the video in AC forum too and a guy there say i not using all the available track & i should use all the kerbs after the long straight but the thing is i not quite sure where is the part that i didnt use all the track & whats that mean by use all the kerbs ?? How to use all the kerbs ?? :O_o:

Yeah sorry its street tire, i mess it up abit with the S

You should be on the power to the point your accelerating to the max speed allowed, which if done properly you should be pushing the car to the extremes of the track riding the ragged edge as it were blasting along, more track you are using, naturally carrying speed, not trying to force it, the faster you are generally going and the earlier you are getting on the power to do that.

Course going faster out of turns or carrying the max speed out of them means your brake points at the other end are going to change when you start getting faster.

Hitting the apex is usually, but not always, the fastest way to get back onto full power, you over shoot it carry too much understeer into a turn and have to fight the car you are missing time on the throttle and loosing speed out of the turn, by having to kill more speed to recover the car or power out of it and slide the car back in and catching the oversteer correction in the process meaning you have to let off the throttle to not blow the car off the track, generally slowing you down.

Slow in fast out is a good axium to live by, overdving the cars into turns is a great way to kill speed unless you are very very good at powesliding and dealing with understeer you are not going to be on the throttle 100% as someone that breaks in and turns in at proper max speed and gear hit the axpex and 9/10 times is 100% on throttle while you are fighting the car making corrections.

Slow in fast out is a good axium to live by, overdving the cars into turns is a great way to kill speed unless you are very very good at powesliding and dealing with understeer you are not going to be on the throttle 100% as someone that breaks in and turns in at proper max speed and gear hit the axpex and 9/10 times is 100% on throttle while you are fighting the car making corrections.
Yeah i understand these thing but i still need lot of practice to make it work for me. By the way i improve the time to 1'26'688 where i try to use more available track & all the kerbs after the long straight. Not sure if i do it right but at least the lap time do improve :D

Yeah i understand these thing but i still need lot of practice to make it work for me. By the way i improve the time to 1'26'688 where i try to use more available track & all the kerbs after the long straight. Not sure if i do it right but at least the lap time do improve :D

This thread got me curious about this car/track combination, so I gave it a go. The z4 is much nicer than I remember when I first tried it!

A little bit heavy and hard to stop when braking, but it has just the right amount of power to use some oversteer on exit. I got close to 1.25,9, but just didn't make it. New WR is 1.26.008 now, but as this isn't the most popular car, I'm sure not many aliens have tried it yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see low 25's or even 24's by the aliens.

I wouldn't be surprised to see low 25's or even 24's by the aliens.
Impressive time :thumbsup: I hope you have a video on this one so i can learn something from it. Time like this already too hard for me so those aliens better leave this combo alone :D By the way i actually happy enough to be among the top 10 & being the fastest among stock DFGT player, anything better than that is definitely a bonus :D

Before the apex, you can help the car rotate a bit by applying power. You can slide just a little bit with the back end to make your car turn a bit sharper.

But like I said earlier in this thread, it's quite hard to get it right :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back