F1 2011 Stray bird

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Right, Not sure if it is a glitch with the game or if it was engineered into to the game for more realism. It happened a couple of days ago and I thought nothing of it at the time but the more I think about it the more it boggles my mind. So Im at Melbourne, Im on the mini straight before turn 13 an a bird flies down and almost hits me on my crash helmet(by the way im in the middle of the race, not practice or quali). Has this happened to any1 else?

Oh there have been several times that nature attempted to fight a race car - and lost badly!

Dale Earnhardt hit a seagull at Daytona in the early 90s. It actually destroyed the front of the car.
Again in the 90s Dale Jarrett hit a groundhog or gopher in Pocono. And i recall a story about a deer on track - but dont know the outcome of that one.

Oh there have been several times that nature attempted to fight a race car - and lost badly!

Dale Earnhardt hit a seagull at Daytona in the early 90s. It actually destroyed the front of the car.
Again in the 90s Dale Jarrett hit a groundhog or gopher in Pocono. And i recall a story about a deer on track - but dont know the outcome of that one.

I believe that was Chistiano Da Matta who hit the deer at Road America? (Might be Road Atlanta, can't remember) in 200...5?

Last I heard he ran a bit in Rolex Sports Cars...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.1%