1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange penalties in career mode

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by kimi_iceman85, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Hi everyone.
    I'm playing my 4th season career mode, and lately, during my last 2 races, spa and monza, I received "unexplained" penalties!

Spa: qualifyed on pole, everything fine, and then during the race, I start 10th on the grid. I thought maybe it's an engine failure, and I have a 10 positions penalty for this...but no message from my engineer, nothing in the menu...no idea what happened

Monza: again, pole position... and the end of Q3 where they show the session standings, I'm 1st, but my time is shown in red, "+10 places penalty"......again no explanation...
    But the most surprising: the race!! Instead of starting 11th, I was 21st on the grid!!!!!! what the hell happened?
    I didn't kick out anyone off track, didn't cut any chicane, no warnings, no messages from engineer, nothing in the menus... Why do I qualify on pole and have to start 21st?

Anyone faced the same situation??
    Is it a bug, or is there something I missed?

Thanks in advance.
  2. and about the monza race, starting 21st, I think the game considered I was still on pole, cause the objective I had to reach was 1st, which is never the case when you start 21st,
  3. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

If you have any mods installed, especially database mods, you might want to try removing it/them an trying again.
  4. No mods at all, just the original game wih steam updates.

The next race went ok, but still, I'd like to know what happenend.
  5. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

..... I doubt that you'll ever find out
  6. I know, just wondered if anyone else had the same problem. But apparently not :)
    Hope it won't happen again
  7. Similar things have happened to me on the Xbox. I'm not too sure about that but I think I got a 10 place penalty (and once a 20 place) when I did one additional lap in qualy (thus crossing the line with less fuel than the required one for an outlap) and selected "Return to Garage" from the menu. Anyone seen similar circumstances?
  8. yeah might be that!!

I often set my Q3 fast lap, leaving garage with 3 laps of fuel.

When you drive back yourself to the garage, it's ok cause you drive slow using mix 1, but I did like you, after I set my time, I didn't switch to mix 1, and selected "return to garage"...

But I always do that, maybe it's because of the long straights in spa/monza that there wasn't enough fuel left to go back to the garage.

10. I had exactly the same situation ,,,I made pole in Canada in the rain by a clear 2 secs. but started in 21st place in the pouring rain with little hope of a result. Just like you I never had any explanation as to why.