F1 2012 strange penalties in career mode

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi everyone.
I'm playing my 4th season career mode, and lately, during my last 2 races, spa and monza, I received "unexplained" penalties!

Spa: qualifyed on pole, everything fine, and then during the race, I start 10th on the grid. I thought maybe it's an engine failure, and I have a 10 positions penalty for this...but no message from my engineer, nothing in the menu...no idea what happened

Monza: again, pole position... and the end of Q3 where they show the session standings, I'm 1st, but my time is shown in red, "+10 places penalty"......again no explanation...
But the most surprising: the race!! Instead of starting 11th, I was 21st on the grid!!!!!! what the hell happened?
I didn't kick out anyone off track, didn't cut any chicane, no warnings, no messages from engineer, nothing in the menus... Why do I qualify on pole and have to start 21st?

Anyone faced the same situation??
Is it a bug, or is there something I missed?

Thanks in advance.

Similar things have happened to me on the Xbox. I'm not too sure about that but I think I got a 10 place penalty (and once a 20 place) when I did one additional lap in qualy (thus crossing the line with less fuel than the required one for an outlap) and selected "Return to Garage" from the menu. Anyone seen similar circumstances?

yeah might be that!!

I often set my Q3 fast lap, leaving garage with 3 laps of fuel.

When you drive back yourself to the garage, it's ok cause you drive slow using mix 1, but I did like you, after I set my time, I didn't switch to mix 1, and selected "return to garage"...

But I always do that, maybe it's because of the long straights in spa/monza that there wasn't enough fuel left to go back to the garage.

Thanks!

I had exactly the same situation ,,,I made pole in Canada in the rain by a clear 2 secs. but started in 21st place in the pouring rain with little hope of a result. Just like you I never had any explanation as to why.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%