1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

strange off centre site zooming

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Bez, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Race Department (fixed) is acting strange for me in chrome, zoom is offset to the right side
    image 1 - 100% zoom
    [​IMG]

Image 2 - 150% zoom
    [​IMG]

Also the double adverts on the left both showing the same advert looks kinda odd

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

The off-center positioning is intentional in widescreen views. We're looking at possible options for compromise that allow the left sidebar but with the content more towards the centre as people were used to in the right sidebar style.

As for the ads, that's out of our control. Google decide which ads to place depending on various factors such as the advertisers bid, the content on the page, the geographic location of the user etc etc.

3. The site really is looking very lopsided at the moment, not particularly good to view and many are not liking the way everything is squashed over ot one side. Is this format staying for good?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Trying using the fluid version, you can adjust it with the browser to your own liking

5. Fluid version? Sorry no idea what that is....

EDIT: Don't worry found it.. thanks that is much better :thumbsup:

6. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

finding i can get 200% zoom on the new narrow forum layout without loosing the forum structure - brilliant!!
    makes it very usable for my bedroom pc which is viewed from a greater distance