1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

Strange momentary pause

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Graham Watson, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Hi all. Just recently I have noticed a strange anomaly when running any mod or even just standard rfactor cars and track that at no particular interval the sim pauses for about 2 seconds then continues as though nothing happened. If you look at a replay of this phenomena all the cars suddenly stop and appear to sink into the track and then continue on their way! Has anybody else experienced this as I can not find out what's causing it and it makes a dam good sim next to usless. I have not installed any new mods and I have looked for external sources that may be responsible to no avail. Any idea's ?

Thanks in advance.

2. It could just be it means it's time for a fresh rFactor re-install, if you have eliminated all other possibilities.

3. Is your copy of rfactor "bought" or did you find it on a torrent?

4. It is a legitimate copy...It might just be time for a clean install

5. H there,strange thing as i have the same situation as you,and reinstall did not help...

6. Drivers all up to date?

I remember I had the same glitch on RACE over a year ago (pauses were for several seconds however), can't remember how I fixed it though.

The hard drive the game is running on been defragmented recently?

7. i have done everything i could to make it run ok,but nothing helps....just installed a new drivers,clean pc from viruses troyans etc...still same...dont know..

8. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

Yep, same issue here. Found it while practising for the Clio's.

System specs:

Win 7 Pro 64
    Kaspersky 9 AV
    NVidia GTX 295
    Creative X-Fi Xtreme audio

I have a few mods for rF: Clios, Caterhams, PCC07, trucks, Formula Vees

Any similarities with others here?

9. to be honest every mod i've played caused a problem for example,mmg07,fsone 2008 etc etc...no clue what should i do as i think i already did everything to make it run ok....