1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Strange momentary pause

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Graham Watson, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Hi all. Just recently I have noticed a strange anomaly when running any mod or even just standard rfactor cars and track that at no particular interval the sim pauses for about 2 seconds then continues as though nothing happened. If you look at a replay of this phenomena all the cars suddenly stop and appear to sink into the track and then continue on their way! Has anybody else experienced this as I can not find out what's causing it and it makes a dam good sim next to usless. I have not installed any new mods and I have looked for external sources that may be responsible to no avail. Any idea's ?

Thanks in advance.

2. It could just be it means it's time for a fresh rFactor re-install, if you have eliminated all other possibilities.

3. Is your copy of rfactor "bought" or did you find it on a torrent?

4. It is a legitimate copy...It might just be time for a clean install

5. H there,strange thing as i have the same situation as you,and reinstall did not help...

6. Drivers all up to date?

I remember I had the same glitch on RACE over a year ago (pauses were for several seconds however), can't remember how I fixed it though.

The hard drive the game is running on been defragmented recently?

7. i have done everything i could to make it run ok,but nothing helps....just installed a new drivers,clean pc from viruses troyans etc...still same...dont know..

8. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

Yep, same issue here. Found it while practising for the Clio's.

System specs:

Win 7 Pro 64
    Kaspersky 9 AV
    NVidia GTX 295
    Creative X-Fi Xtreme audio

I have a few mods for rF: Clios, Caterhams, PCC07, trucks, Formula Vees

Any similarities with others here?

9. to be honest every mod i've played caused a problem for example,mmg07,fsone 2008 etc etc...no clue what should i do as i think i already did everything to make it run ok....