1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC strange lap times

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Tobias Liesaus, May 16, 2014.

1. Hello. sometimes Assetto Corsa makes me wonder if anything is ok with laptimes? i drove the McLaren MP4 GT3 at Nürburgring and i struggeld to get to 2.05. Yesterday i drove 2.01 times with ease!

how can this 4 seconds difference be explained?

2. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    Let's drive side by side! Premium Member

Through practise :roflmao:

3. 4 seconds from one session to another? through practice 1 second is ok, but this much? i will try out this combo again...

4. 4 seconds is a lot. I have some hotlaps where I wonder how I did so good. I'll be driving the same car, same setup, and watch the ghost car just pull away and pull away....

5. I think sometimes you just nail it. An extra couple of perfect corners can shave a few seconds off.

6. I had some similar issues, after the 0.9.10 update. I felt like the cars were all way more tail-happy than before. The MP4-12C GT3 for example, was literally throwing itself into a spin in a lot of corners at Imola. I had no time at all to correct, when I'm usually decent at catching the car.

I'm not sure if it's me, and just a coincidence that it happened after the update, or the game itself. All I know is what I felt.

7. Use the Pedals App, with my Clubsport pedals it happens sometimes that the throttle pedal will not go to 100% or sometimes the brake is applied by a very small amount. After disconnecting them from USB and connecting them again everything is fine.

8. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

Well you brought to light a very good point vincent ! since 0.9 update i noticed this as well ! my throttle pedal was sometimes not reaching 100 % , i thought it was my g27 pedal bugging again,so i monitored them for like 5 mins in the profiler but it was fine ! maybe some new bug ?