rF2 Stock Cars @ Mountain Peak Speedway - Thursday 1st October 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
IMPORTANT
The (rF2) server and TeamSpeak passwords have changed - they can be found here.

Unfortunately, due to the technical issues, which have still not been fully resolved, I can't be certain that the server has been set up correctly. I hope it is, but please let me know if there are any issues.

You can set race length while being on the server. Or are you missing today?

@Oscar Hardwick - I'd be up for this usually but my schedule's a bit tight for the next few day's so I'm going to have to pass... :(

Have fun though matey, and thanks for the tag!

I've still not even fired this up offline yet... saving it for a treat next week #onthescroungeforsetups & #noideaaboutovalsbutlookingforwardtotrying

Enjoy!

Which build is the server using? i'm using 1008 and the servers says it has another build :unsure:
ups, my bad, it turns out my launcher was telling me to install build 1008 :redface:

Last edited:
Just to briefly explain what went wrong:

The server was set up to start everyone in the Race session in their garages, requiring us to drive around the track once and form up in pit lane before the pace car would then lead us off pit road and begin the pace lap. This burned about 6 minutes just waiting for the pace car to start. Then when it did start, it turned out that the formation lap was turned off in the race settings and we were all instantly teleported to turn 4, at speed, with the race about to go green. This of course led to calamity so we tried to restart the race but after doing so all but three of us were inexplicably DQ'd.

@Daiman Patel The sever was set up in such a way that it was effectively unusable to race. No admin was there to fix it. Either have an admin turn up to these events to alter the settings in the event of an error such as this or just don't run the event.
well that was dissapointing.....
It was a shame that we couldn't race, hopefully next week we will be able to use these cars again ;)
Just to briefly explain what went wrong:

The server was set up to start everyone in the Race session in their garages, requiring us to drive around the track once and form up in pit lane before the pace car would then lead us off pit road and begin the pace lap. This burned about 6 minutes just waiting for the pace car to start. Then when it did start, it turned out that the formation lap was turned off in the race settings and we were all instantly teleported to turn 4, at speed, with the race about to go green. This of course led to calamity so we tried to restart the race but after doing so all but three of us were inexplicably DQ'd.
My apologies to all of you. Usually events go without a hitch, but with the technical issues that we've been having it has been somewhat difficult to ensure that everything is setup correctly. In addition to this, I created the vMod using the rFM file containing stock car racing rules (released by ISI), as I mentioned in this post, but clearly they didn't work / require much more tweaking and testing. So for such events in the future we'll keep it simple for the moment, and gradually we'll move onto the stock car rules once we can get them to work properly. Sorry again. There will be another event next Monday @ Jacksonville Superspeedway (more information can be found here), so it would be great to see you all again then for a proper race. For this race I shall setup the server with the standard rules, so there should be no problems.

My apologies to all of you. Usually events go without a hitch, but with the technical issues that we've been having it has been somewhat difficult to ensure that everything is setup correctly. In addition to this, I created the vMod using the rFM file containing stock car racing rules (released by ISI), as I mentioned in this post, but clearly they didn't work / require much more tweaking and testing. So for such events in the future we'll keep it simple for the moment, and gradually we'll move onto the stock car rules once we can get them to work properly. Sorry again. There will be another event next Monday @ Jacksonville Superspeedway (more information can be found here), so it would be great to see you all again then for a proper race. For this race I shall setup the server with the standard rules, so there should be no problems.
I'll be there hopefully. Another thing - the server was possibly set to black flag rules only. We didn't get to test it, but I think full course yellows weren't possible because of this. This is a pretty important part of the oval racing because the tires eat themselves up in no time and pitting under green is really troublesome.

I'll be there hopefully. Another thing - the server was possibly set to black flag rules only. We didn't get to test it, but I think full course yellows weren't possible because of this. This is a pretty important part of the oval racing because the tires eat themselves up in no time and pitting under green is really troublesome.
I'll look into it. Thanks for the information. :thumbsup:

I think the main problem was the manual griding. And this option is not defined in the rfm its somewhere in the player or multiplayer json. Not sure which one and cant check it at the moment.
Yup, you're right. The reconnaissance lap was on (for 1 lap), hence the manual gridding process (I completely forgot to change this on a server instance that I haven't used in a while), and then you all jumped to the end and were moving at high-speed because I set the start type to fast rolling. Completely my fault, apologies. :redface:

It was indeed. By default I set up all of the servers with Black Flag Rules only, and I forgot to change it. :whistling: Now that we'll be running regular oval events I'll set a single server instance aside for these races so that other events do not interfere with it and I can configure it properly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back